DevConnect Solution Engineer - San Mateo, Ca/Remote
- Department: Alliances / Strategy
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
DevConnect Solution Engineer
Do you want to work with the latest Insurtech and property and casualty insurance technologies?
Would you like focus on creativity and innovation, but work for an established technology leader?
Does daily variety and interaction with the Guidewire Solution Partner Ecosystem excite you?
As a DevConnect Solution Engineer, you will be part of the Guidewire Solution Alliances team that is responsible for working with SaaS, software and Insurtech providers to deliver state of the art integrations for our property and casualty insurance customers
You will play a vital role in recruiting Solution Partners to develop Add-ons to Guidewire InsurancePlatform for the Guidewire Marketplace. You will engage with partners and prospective partners to understand and assist with use case scoping and assessment for scenarios combining Guidewire and partner solutions, working alongside Guidewire Solution Alliance Managers.
With your deep Guidewire InsuranceSuite knowledge and property and casualty insurance domain expertise, you will lead evaluation of innovative technology solutions, at both functional and technical levels, collaborating with partner and Guidewire teams. You will support Alliance Managers on intake calls and discussions with partner business and development leaders
As a DevConnect Solution Engineer, you will also be a technical evangelist, selling Solution Partners on the vision, features and benefits of Guidewire’s DevConnect developer environment, and our Marketplace that provides insurers easy access to partners’ innovative solutions.
Additionally, you will make sure that our DevConnect product management and engineering staff is kept abreast of market feedback.
This position requires a rare blend of technical skills and a genuine passion for innovation and developing new business solutions.
The ideal candidate will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and work out of our new San Mateo Headquarters location. Once established you will have the flexibility to telecommute several days per week if desired. Remote candidates should be willing to travel up to 25% of the time to collaborate with our DevConnect product teams and Alliances colleagues. You will be reporting to the Sr. Director, Global Solution Alliances.
Required Skills for the DevConnect Solution Engineer include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with the Guidewire InsuranceSuite, experience with implementation of integration patterns and best practices is a must.
- Basic skills in Java, JEE and HTML5
- Cloud platforms knowledge is a plus (AWS)
- Experience and know-how with modern integration approaches including RESTful web services, Open APIs and testing frameworks
- Experience with industry web security protocols (e.g. SAML, Open ID)
- Experience working within a Partner Ecosystem is a plus.
- Possess an agile mindset that enables you to successfully interface with Product Development team on continuous improvement to the DevConnect integration framework (SDK’s and tooling)
- This is not a pure technical role but also requires the ability to understand business tradeoffs between integration standardization and business process flexibility.
- Educational Background- BA/BS/BEng required, preferably in business or technical discipline
Desired characteristics for the DevConnect Solution Engineer:
- Highly effective at collaborating closely on opportunities with alliance, sales, or account managers through discovery and solution definition processes.
- Track record eliciting requirements and translating them to into solution scope and specifications.
- Independent, motivated and works well with teams.
- Innovative and flexible.
- Able to multitask and work through multi variable scenarios with internal and external parties.
- Excellent organizational & follow-up skills, attention to detail, and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done in a fast-paced, low ego environment
- Multilingual skills are a plus, especially French, Spanish, German in addition to English fluency.
- This is a foundational role with the team that is leading Guidewire efforts around innovation and partner ecosystem enablement. Requires Demonstrated agility shaping and adopting new processes and approaches.
This is an opportunity to work with interesting ecosystems partners worldwide, enabling you to enhance not only your technical, but also your business skills – a rare combination.
Guidewire serves the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking). We build the core applications that companies like Nationwide, GEICO, Amica, Liberty Mutual, Mercury and other property and casualty insurance carriers use to assess risks, sell policies, bill and settle claims. Our Analytics and Data Services provide insights to help insurance entities pursue profitable product opportunities and increase operational effectiveness. We serve customers worldwide, helping them handle billions of dollars’ worth of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and word-of-mouth reputation. More than 300 insurers in 30 countries rely on Guidewire to deliver the software platform their business and the millions of clients they insure - rely on every day
Consistently named as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area, Guidewire Software is a dynamic, well-positioned, publicly traded software company (NYSE:GWRE). Guidewire was founded in 2001 and is now the market leader in core systems for property and casualty insurance companies. Guidewire has an exceptional team, solid financial results, steady growth and is ideally positioned to capture a large and growing market opportunity in insurance solutions. Guidewire is equally committed to the professional fulfillment of its employees. Our founding values are integrity, rationality and collegiality: to speak the truth, make decisions based on facts and logic, and work as a community of professional peers. We strive to apply these values to every decision we make, even when they are uncomfortable or subject to short term pressure.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.