Senior Marketing Editor/Copywriter - San Mateo, Ca
- Department: Marketing
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Job Title: Senior Marketing Editor/Copywriter
The editor/copywriter will join the Marketing Communications team, which produces a variety of deliverables: technical data sheets and white papers, corporate presentations, web and ad copy, a quarterly newsletter, and other customer-facing communications. Our messaging is clear, compelling, and customer focused, and the editor/copywriter ensures that all communications provide strong, concise content that maintains the company’s voice and style. This role requires significant editing expertise as well as strong writing skills that contribute to the success of our programs, campaigns, and initiatives.
We expect this role to require approximately 75% technical editing and 25% product marketing writing.
- 10+ years professional experience in a full-time editorial role
- Proven experience editing both technical content and marketing materials to ensure readable syntax and formatting, correct grammar, valid terminology usage, consistency in product naming and trademark conventions, and adherence to corporate styles, standards, and tone
- Skills in determining the level of editing required for specific types of content
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of written U.S. English (including its differences from other English varieties)
- Expert knowledge of both The Chicago Manual of Style and the Microsoft Manual of Style; experience in creating and maintaining specialized style and usage guidelines
- Understanding of basic concepts of enterprise software applications
- Ability to work with content writers of widely varying skills to provide feedback on readability, clarity, tone, consistency, grammar, and word choice
- Proven effectiveness in meeting deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Significant professional experience creating marketing content
- Passion for writing compelling, concise copy for ads and other product-related messaging for multiple channels, including digital and print
- Ability to maintain corporate voice and style
- Creative problem solver who collaborates with graphic designers and web developers
- Proactive interest in learning about software products and their features and benefits
- Flexibility in adapting to and promoting change as company grows
- Excellent interview skills with subject-matter experts, product owners, and customers
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing/Advertising, or related field and a minimum of 8 years of professional experience.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.