Project Manager - Cloud Assurance (Dublin, Ireland)
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Cloud Assurance Project Manager
Guidewire's Cloud Assurance team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented project manager, based in our Dublin office, to join a growing global team at the forefront of Guidewires move to the cloud.
What we do?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. We provide a Guidewire Cloud platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which provides our customers with the freedom to accelerate their business, and an ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 300 customers in more than 50 countries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized project manager who can successfully manage multiple concurrent customer projects for our new & existing Guidewire Cloud customers. You will be responsible for the technical leadership of the Cloud Assurance team in Exton as well as the career development of a small team of more junior consultants. Through your leadership and guidance, along with the support of the global Cloud Assurance team, you will play an important senior role in the team with opportunities to directly influence day-to-day best practices to better support Guidewire Cloud customers.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You'll work alongside and learn from intelligent colleagues while also having opportunities to demonstrate your own leadership skills and mentor other junior colleagues. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are looking for a skilled and motivated senior software developer to help grow this.
Successful consulting leads at Guidewire typically are:
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focused on advocating for and writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interested in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curious and have internal motivation to constantly improve
- Confident communicators, with the comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
- Experienced leaders with an ability to mentor and inspire others through coaching and career management practices.
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- An ability to work independently within a team
- People management experience working with a small team to help define career development goals for individual team members
- Experience working with customer teams to understand business objectives and functional requirements
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
- Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.