Alliances Public Relations Manager
- Department: Marketing
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Alliances Public Relations Manager
The Alliances Public Relations Manager is responsible for managing all alliances related communications activity for North America, EMEA, Latin America, and APAC. These activities include drafting and reviewing partner press releases, maintaining partner press release templates, and managing inbound partner press releases, Marcom requests, and communication projects in collaboration with the Guidewire Alliances, Marcom, and Public Relations teams. This position reports to the Senior PR Manager and is based in Foster City.
Public Relations Responsibilities include:
- Manages Alliances PR pipeline of news announcements (new Consulting and Solution partner press releases, partner momentum press releases, etc.)
- Oversees and executes all parts of the partner press release lifecycle (including writing/editing releases; securing internal and customer approvals; coordinating distribution plans; communicating news internally and externally; and posting news to Guidewire’s corporate web site and social media sites)
- Manages the review process for all incoming partner press releases and communications projects working closely with Alliances, Marcom, Legal, and the Public Relations teams.
- Ensures that partner marketing projects and written materials are produced in line with Guidewire brand and voice guidelines.
- Develops a partner-focused social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and any other appropriate social media channels which includes a social media calendar.
- Manages partner byline and media interview opportunities as appropriate.
- Acts as a public relations liaison for the partners participating in Connections. This entails working with Alliances to communicate Connections social media content deadlines and the Connections media list to partners. This also includes follow up work with the partners to obtain content for their sponsored Connections social media posts and posting these to Twitter and LinkedIn.
Expertise Required: 5+ years’ experience in media relations or journalism; superior written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational skills; excellent project management and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within Guidewire and customer organizations, including executive and technical staff; proficiency in Microsoft Office, Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English or related field. B2B PR experience in the insurance software industry a strong plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Comfortable writing about technology and complex business topics in an easy to understand manner
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of an organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments
- Self-starter with the ability to focus in a world of changing priorities
- Relationship builder with a passion for PR
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.