Implementation Lead - 80% Travel, Remote, US
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: US - Remote
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. Our InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and a partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business. We invest heavily in the technology platform. At the core is InsuranceSuite (ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter, BillingCenter). Data and analytics and digital engagement surround InsuranceSuite to present a comprehensive, self-managed or Guidewire cloud delivered solution. Guidewire Professional Services enables successful implementations.
Professional Services includes business analysts, functional consultants, and technical integration consultants who work together to implement InsurancePlatform at customer sites. Our projects are complex and long term, depending on the specific customer requirements. During a project, the team will manage timelines, identify customer business requirements, consult and advise the customer on best practices, configure the Guidewire application to meet those requirements, and integrate the Guidewire application to other internal or external systems. Guidewire implementation consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on-site with the client business and technical teams. Our applications are highly configurable and require a thorough understanding of the insurance domain and objectives of the client.
The position requires a unique blend of business savvy, insurance domain expertise, Guidewire InsurancePlatform knowledge, hands-on technical skills, and communication skills.
Key activities for implementation consultants include:
- Partnering with client business teams to understand business objectives and how to apply Guidewire’s prescriptive SurePath approach to their needs
- Participating in producing user stories, leading Guidewire and Partner teams in Agile best practices
- Working hands-on with the Guidewire configuration team to configure our InsurancePlatform
- Assist in planning – overall project down to sprint tasks
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar degree
- 5+ years Professional Experience, preferred 10+ years
- Expertise in a modern programming language (Java preferred)
- Experience with multi-tier web applications
- Experience with AWS or Azure cloud delivered software (IaaS or SaaS or PaaS)
- Ability to work successfully with client and partner team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills; must have strong verbal skills to communicate with non-technical resources
- Ability to work with engineers to review designs and participate in code reviews
- Must take initiative, be a decision-maker and show confidence in decisions made
- Must be able to take strategic direction from executive management and participate in strategic planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Must have the ability to solve complex technical problems and understand when to escalate issues
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology, a love of the insurance domain, and solving tough technical problems;
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
Must-have Proven ability in the following:
- Write and review code, providing recommendations to customers and partners.
- Lead and collaborate across multi-functional teams on complex large-scale projects in multiple locations
- Take full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and successful completion of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, dependencies, and risk management processes are maintained
- Understand and navigate the internal dynamics of customers and partners to facilitate project plans and execution
- Be the trusted advisor, collaborate with customers, partners, and colleagues to understand and address complex business problems
- Manage effective Program/Stakeholder communication. Implement a communications strategy to address a variety of needs
- Take responsibility for understanding customer requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis, and problem resolution
- Coach and mentor other team members as necessary on tools and methodology
- Prior experience with configurable software such as Guidewire InsuranceSuite, Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP
- Background at a major consulting firm working with Fortune 500 customers
- Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within an insurance company
Travel Requirements: Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on-site at our Customer Site 4 days per week (Mon-Thurs). Consultants work the 5th day from their home office.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.