Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Foster City, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will have the opportunity to design and implement test framework and deployment infrastructure to drive the team toward ever increasing quality, continuous delivery and standardizing test frameworks. You will work closely with stakeholders such as Product Managers, Developers, Portfolio Test Engineers, and Architects to understand automation gaps and subsequently collaborate to address them.
You will need solid people skills to collaborate closely with teammates and show leadership and initiative to drive projects through to completion. A passion for exploring new tools and keeping current with new technologies is a must.
Your duties will include:
- Build business driven, sophisticated and maintainable automated test suites to test our universe of products and components
- Build and maintain test automation frameworks
- Standardize and make test frameworks available to customers to meet their testing needs
- Gather metrics and provide test coverage analysis based on automated test results
- Research emerging technologies, tools, and platforms and ascertain when, how or if they should be used
- Continuously improve speed, quality, and ease of testing
- 5+ years of hand-on experience building new and extending existing automation frameworks
- A self-motivated team player with good communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with software design principles and patterns
- Possess a strong focus on testing - acting as a proponent of a test-driven and iterative development culture
- Experience with testing tools such as Selenium, Test Cafe
- Experience with BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools and technologies such as TeamCity, Docker
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Intermediate to Senior
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.