- Department: Analytics and Data Services
- Location: Chennai, India
- Country: British Indian Ocean Territory
About Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics
Guidewire Software (NYSE:GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty (P&C) insurance industry, with over 300 customers, on six continents. Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics helps insurers and other financial institutions to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence insights that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, and develop new products. To learn more about Cyence, visit https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence.
QA Engineer - Data :
As a key member of the QA team your responsibilities will include:
Your Responsibilities :
- Strong in SQL, responsible for maintaining the data quality
- Work with the concerned stakeholders to determine missing data quality checks and implement them
- Automate manual testcases leveraging test frameworks built using Java, Selenium and TestNG
- Participate actively in automation, functional and regression testing activities for outgoing releases
- Train/guide the QA team to improve test cases and test plans based on data quality as required
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Work closely with the development team for bug verification and validation
- Participate in test case reviews and provide feedback
- Organize your own tasks and take responsibility for progress and completion
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in working in a similar role
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL for relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Familiarity in using test and defect tracking tools such as TestRail and JIRA
- Familiarity with testing SaaS/cloud web apps and understanding of how browsers and HTML5 web apps work
- Understanding of REST based API testing and JSON
- Experience in Product testing (Mandatory)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working for a product company, testing a large complex software system that has varied customer deployments
Cyence is an analytics platform that quantifies the financial impact of cyber risk. Our first market is the insurance industry, where we help our clients understand, assess and manage risks associated with a wide range of cyber security events in a data-informed way. Cyence is now a product family within Guidewire Software, but we have retained our startup culture of collaboration.
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees, and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner.
We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics.
We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and under served market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.