Manager, Facilities Operations – San Mateo, CA
- Department: Operations
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is looking for a Manager, Facilities Operations to join our Facilities team to develop long term workplace plans and continue to build the facility operations team. This incumbent works under the general direction of the Director, Facilities Operations Americas and will manage Facility Operations for the San Mateo, CA Headquarter office.
- Manages and directs site operational policies, objectives, initiatives, budget, workspace vendor management, contract negotiation, health and safety, communication, and corporate and administrative services
- Consult with key stakeholders, executing best practices on workplace strategy and design while creating a workspace that supports our core values
- Manage and develop staff of 5
- Plans office and equipment layouts utilizing SpaceIQ to economize operations and maximize people productivity and collaboration opportunities.
- Manages project operational budget including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, janitorial, onsite eatery and other related costs.
- Responsible for end to end project management related to site operations, including relocation, refurbishment, design, planning and construction.
- Provide lease and sublease administration support for US real estate portfolio.
- Responsible for the provision of support tasks as a cross-functional business partner including facilitating employee communication, site integration and site to HQ continuity.
- Designs and delivers site-specific operational training; life safety, ergonomics, etc.
- Identifies, designs and implements facilities policies and/or processes relevant to cross functional business operations to ensure the highest standards of services.
- Influences and improves functional process as it impacts non-HQ sites.
- 5-7 years facilities experience
- Resolves issues in creative and effective ways
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution
- Extensive experience in facilities, operations, people management and/or property management
- Analysis of situations or data evaluation of variable factors.
- Able to manage and negotiate with multiple vendors to deliver services on time & within budget
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Self-motivated; confident and energetic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and always demonstrates leadership/professionalism
- Strong communicator and active listener – possess strong presentations with metrics and verbal/written communication skills
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.