Senior Cloud Security Engineer - San Mateo,Ca/Remote
- Department: Information Security and Compliance
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
The Sr. Cloud Security Engineer / Architect will be responsible for designing, deploying, testing and validating the technical security tools, controls and solutions in AWS public cloud or co-locational data centers, as part of Guidewire’s layered defense-in-depth infrastructure security. The role will collaborate with Guidewire’s Global SOC to routinely assess the effectiveness of the deployed cloud security measures and ensure that all security tools and controls continue to be effective post implementation. The Sr. Cloud Security Engineer will report to the Director of Security Operations and is part of Guidewire’s global Information Security group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Research solutions, run POCs, architect and deploy infrastructure security products, tools and safeguards that would augment the security threat monitoring, detection, prevention and compliance as part of Guidewire’s cloud security architecture
- Work with Cloud Operations, IT and product teams to perform security reviews and approvals for the planned deployments, initiatives and/or changes in the Guidewire’s public cloud environment as part of the SDLC and Change Management processes
- Run security assessments, scans and pen tests in Guidewire’s AWS and Corp IT environments to routinely assess, and generate reports on, the security vulnerabilities, threats, gaps and risks
- Define the configuration best practices and hardening standards for the deployed AWS accounts and their various types of assets and services
- Develop and enforce cloud security standards in AWS including IAM policies, security groups, S3 bucket policies, encryption, network security, cloud workload and container security, logging, monitoring etc.
- Assist in developing an automated framework for security tool deployment and incident response leveraging AWS services, scripting languages, and open source/commercial solutions
- Keep abreast of AWS’s new security features, advisories, alerts, trends, and practices
- Willingness to be on call and serve as the point of contact for information security alerts and incidents
- 5+ years of previous experience working in security operations, engineering, architecture, threat and vulnerability management and pen testing – Public Cloud experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience architecting, deploying, testing and configuring multiple security technologies including IDS/IPS, SIEM, Next Gen Firewalls, Email Security, WAFs, Endpoint Detection and Response tools, Vulnerability Scanners, AWS Cloud Security platform tools
- 3+ years of hands on experience in Offensive security and red team techniques, pen tests, security audits and vulnerability checks
- Advanced Knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, security architecture, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Web Applications
- 2 years of hands-on experience with public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) with excellent understanding/working knowledge of IaaS platforms and services (i.e. VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, AWS SDK, Lambda, AWS WAF, CloudFront, ECS, Flow Logs etc.)
- Security expertise in cloud security architectures, designs, and engineering using technologies, solutions, or frameworks inclusive of OWASP, SIEMs, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SAML/SSO, IDM, data encryption & enterprise key management, PKI, IDS/IPS, anti-malware, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the threat and attack landscape, latest security trends, attack vectors, vulnerabilities, and how they are leveraged by malicious actors
- Experience developing and maintaining hardening and configuration standards and procedures
- Security certifications like CISSP, GSEC, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, OCSP, AWS certification etc. are highly desired
- Familiarity with industry common information technology control frameworks, particularly SOC1/2, Cloud Security Alliance, and ISO 27001/2.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to document and explain technical details, standards and reports clearly and concisely
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of professional development training and experience
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.