Release Manager , Customer and Cloud Operations
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Release Manager, CCO
Description/Scope of Work
We are looking for an experienced Release Manager to join our Customer & Cloud Operations Sustaining Engineering team in Dublin, Ireland.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The primary mission of the Customer & Cloud Operations Sustaining Engineering team is to promptly respond to Guidewire Cloud production issues that are escalated to the team by the Guidewire L2 Rapid Response team.
We're looking for an experienced Release Manager to join the Sustaining Engineering that will maintain and continue to improve how we deliver software to Guidewire’s Cloud production systems to ensure continued customer success. We particularly value clear and logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well as part of a global as well as local team.
If this sounds interesting and exciting to you...come and talk with us. During our interview process we'll work through some technical problems together, so we can see what it's like to work with you, and you can see first-hand how we all work together.
Recently, you may have heard of the drive for corporate enterprises to deploy applications in the cloud. This trend will impact our customers and industry in the same way it is forcing other industries to evolve. Sustaining Engineering is a global team operating a follow the sun model with pods in Dublin, Foster City and Kuala Lumpur and is part of our global Customer & Cloud Operations team. This team will deploy and maintain our customer’s InsuranceSuite solutions in a Guidewire-hosted Cloud environment. The Release Manager will be responsible for the release of applications to the customer’s production system in an efficient and automated process as possible.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- Ability to work in Dublin with the potential for occasional travel internationally, specifically to our customers and to team building events
- Become confident in Guidewires suite of products to perform Cloud-hosted production system software deliveries spending your first month in Guidewires professional training program.
- Provide leadership, direction and definition for the release management function including planning, scheduling, test coordination and implementation
- Be responsible for release plans, schedules, package design, build and configuration
- Collaborate with Product Owners and key stakeholders to define release schedules, manage scope and schedules for application releases
- Design and implement efficient procedures for the distribution and installation of releases.
- Be responsible for setting up a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline using tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Be responsible for release management tools and concepts, including version control and branching (specifically Git)
- Working with developers to properly resolve merge conflicts, deployment errors and meet code coverage criteria
- Manage all aspects of the end to end release to production process
- Lead internal initiatives such as the development of existing or new processes and procedures for use within the Cloud Operations Sustaining Engineering team release delivery to production
- Ensure coordination of build and test environments teams and release teams
- Define release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
- Provides status to management on release progress
- Track release metrics to drive improvement and report successes/failures to stakeholders
- Define common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators.
- Ability to prioritize work effort based on a dynamic work environment
- Automate wherever possible, optimizing efficiency and quality of delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution
- 3 to 4 years demonstrated real world experience with Release Management processes discipline in a Cloud environment
- 2 years’ experience with deployment tools such as Jenkins and Git hub
- Must have significant previous experience in AWS Cloud deployments and must help define/improve deployment processes
- Implement a standardized deployment process that delivers patches, minor enhancements and major releases
- Must co-ordinate releases in advance with other internal stakeholder support functions to ensure dates and SLAs are met
- Use best practices frameworks (e.g. ITIL) to create clear processes, policies and procedures around release deliveries for the CCO organization
- Experience working with leading cloud platform Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Attained Cloud provider Certification e.g. AWS, Azure
- Experience with Agile working with Agile teams and leveraging Agile tools in order to accomplish Release Management goals
- Strong problem solving and the ability to partner with Product Owners, Software Application engineers and other engineers across the organization.
- Be a detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty insurance industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the call sign GWRE.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.