- Department: Go to Market
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Country: Germany
Solution Engineer – Munich - Germany
Fluent to Native German is required
Guidewire Software is looking for a smart, self-motivated software engineer to join our Solution Engineering team responsible for delivering creative, solution-focused demonstration implementations to the Sales organization for presentation to prospects. We are currently expanding our team at our Munich Office to dedicate more time and effort to support our sales efforts in EMEA.
Do you enjoy rapid prototyping, creating proofs of concepts to share with prospective clients? Does the thrill of working on and supporting diverse and unique sales opportunities interest you? Are you looking for a team that is just as much of a software development team as it is an extension of Solution Consulting? Are you interested in being part of a team that tackles complex software requirements that need to meet both local and global market demands? Do you enjoy using a diverse range of software engineering skills – from design through to implementation, testing and beyond – from data modelling to API development, UI/UX and more – from self managed deployments to cutting edge cloud deployments?
The Solution Engineering team is responsible for delivering creative, solution-focused demonstration implementations to the Solution Sales organization for presentation to prospects. We are currently expanding our team to dedicate more time and effort to support our sales efforts.
You will be working directly with members of the Sales, Solution Consulting, Solution Engineering, Product Development teams as well as External Partners (and prospects?) to configure our complex solution demonstrations that include country-specific localizations. In this role we look for critical thinkers - people who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and design and configure comprehensive functionality in Guidewire’s suite of products. We place a high value on being able to contribute to a fast-paced environment in a multitude of development related tasks.
- You will work directly with the Solution Consulting, Solution Engineering and Product Development teams to implement new features from beginning to end - requirements gathering through implementation, testing, and delivery
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve defects
- Collaborate with other development organizations within the company - providing feature demos and documentation, participating in joint design sessions, etc.
- Meet strict timelines and deliverables
- Actively participate in our Agile with Scrum development methodology
What you would need to succeed:
- Object-oriented programming fundamentals (inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, etc.)
- Programming experience in Java, C#, VB, .NET
- Source control and build frameworks (SVN, Git, Ant, Jenkins, Maven)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, RMI, JMS, MQ, SOAP, Web services)
- Fluent to Native German is mandatory
- Gosu Experience
- Property and Casualty Insurance Industry Experience (or even life/health)
- Cloud Technology Experience
- This position requires 10% International travel, including trips to our headquarters in Foster City (California, US), our product development centers in Dublin (Ireland) or Krakow (Poland).
The successful candidate will have experience of software development projects or configure packaged application software with an ability to grow into a product lead position. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile processes for software development. You must have strong technical skills, such as the ability to code in an object-oriented programming language, editing XML configuration files, or troubleshooting environment configuration issues. Although this is not a customer facing role it may include direct participation in sales opportunities and proofs-of-concept: designing, developing, and configuring creative and innovative solutions to prospects’ requirements.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.