Technical Program Manager - Cloud Data Platform- San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire delivers the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Our InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Job Description :
As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Data Platform and Analytics organization, driving projects internally (and with other teams). You will be responsible to drive and coordinate major platform and cloud service initiatives with the highest degree of complexity. Your impact will be felt across the organization. You will spend a significant proportion of your time developing the capabilities of the team as a whole. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
This role requires strong technical knowledge with micro services, distributed systems, AWS etc.
- Drive functional and technical delivery of key team-, org-, and other cross functional initiatives. Collaborate with development, product management, other engineering teams, Ops to design, scope, and shepherd features
- Create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Coordinate multiple engineering programs simultaneously
- Facilitate driving product decisions to align with higher company initiatives
- Help influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Manage expectations, track deliverables present reports to leadership
- Guide and manage the usage of agile methodologies to simplify project delivery
- 3+ years as a Technical Program Manager, engineering leader or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or a related field
- This role requires technical knowledge with micro services, distributed systems, AWS, Big Data eco system.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, manage multiple software development efforts, drive rigorous testing, and coordinate product launch
- Demonstrable experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Strong analytic and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve systemic issues
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships, and collaborate with diverse cross-functional teams
At the heart of the Guidewire culture are three values:
- Collegiality: We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
- Integrity: We foster truthful relationships with customers, partners, and each other in everything we do.
- Rationality: We act, communicate and make decisions with factual knowledge.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.