Resource Staffing Manager - Remote, US
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: US - Remote
- Country: United States of America
Resource Staffing Manager
The Resource Staffing Manager (RSM) plays a critical role in: 1) facilitating the movement of resources from area of supply to area of demand; 2) facilitating the tracking and updating of skills and capabilities of the resources; 3) compiling analytical data for use in forecasting and other resourcing decision making purposes; and 4) managing process governance including running of key meetings to ensure accuracy of data and to facilitate communication across stakeholder groups.
The RSM will use in-depth experience and expertise of personnel and project management to support the Professional Services Practice Lead. The RSM will manage and continuously improve resource management processes and functions. The RSM will ensure that effective management of company and external resources is operationally effective and allows the company to be more competitive.
Essentially the RSM becomes the conduit for the organization to access resources. While the RSM does not directly manage resources (that is done by Consulting Managers), the RSM does track all the pertinent information (e.g., assignment/availability, skills, future resource needs) and facilitates the movement of resources from area of supply to area of demand.
- Skills Inventory
- Support definition of new skills required to support more efficient staffing
- Manage skills assessment process (annually) to ensure up to date information
- Analyze and identify key skills gaps across the organization that need to be addressed through hiring / training
- Receive and process new resource requests (DEMAND) as received; communicate status (as appropriate) to requestor
- Identify candidate(s) (SUPPLY) for requests – review with requestor; mobilize resource(s) (as appropriate) to project team
- Collect project and resource data from Engagment Managers in the field allowing the RSM to track changing resource needs based on modified start/end dates and changes to project plan definitions
- Prepare the resource tracking worksheets/data for weekly update distribution to field personnel
- Communicate with engagement managers regarding updates to information if not received by published deadlines
- Mobilize resources to projects
- Receive, record, and analyze future resource needs; translating pipeline and other revenue forecast information into resource needs (NOTE: Engagment Managers will need to provide resource need information – but RSM can leverage existing corporate information to identify clients/projects that should be forecast)
- Produce SUPPLY (Capacity) vs. DEMAND (Resource schedule / availability) reporting
- Assess gaps in SUPPLY vs. Forecast DEMAND to identify key areas of GAP / SURPLUS
- Partner with Professional Services Leadership to act as trusted advisor for interpretation of forecasted resource supply and demand
- Communicate information to field through scheduled interlocks (see Process Governance)
- Process Governance
- Establish / Manage / Run regular interlocks at the daily (staffing), weekly (review), and monthly (forecasting) levels
- Produce necessary supporting reports and analyses to support discussions; including Supply vs. Demand analytics and recommendations on tactics to address
- Schedule appropriately to accommodate demands on field personnel time – but to ensure that scheduled interactions do occur
- Document and distribute key decisions made and actions to take (especially coming out of Monthly (Forecasting) review)
- Create and manage resource utilization and scheduling reporting systems for use by personnel throughout the Professional Services organization
- Candidate Sourcing & Development
- Serve as interface to HR / Recruiting for candidate sourcing
- Serve as interface to Practice Managers to communicate necessary skills mix changes required (e.g., cross training)
- IT / PSA Infrastructure
- Serve as liaison between PS and IT for RM related changes to IT/PSA infrastructure
- Collect and filter IT/PSA infrastructure requirements from the field (as they relate to RM) for review / discussion with IT
Key Selection Criteria
- Work Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the professional services industry; experience with project management is a plus
- Position requires substantial understanding of professional services delivery and cross-functional/matrix delivery structures (i.e., candidates with HR experience are viable if they have an extensive PS background)
- Ability and/or experience with customer or partner facing activities
- Proven experience in successful personnel and project management
- Must have proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Experience with a PSA is desirable but not required
- Personal Profile:
- Demonstrated outstanding personal leadership
- A true team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with executives both within professional service organization and outside
- A sense of urgency and impatience with the status quo
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced ambiguous environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Understand the need for confidentiality and discretion around personnel issues.
- Highly attentive to detail
- Highest standards of ethical behavior
- Excellent at multitasking
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university with six to eight years related experience; or Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years of professional services or project management experience
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change in the cloud—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.