Software Engineer, Front End - Krakow, Poland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Krakow, Poland
- Country: Poland
Software Engineer - Front End
Guidewire's development team is seeking a proactive and results-oriented Software Engineer to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
Being part of the Guidewire team, you will be working on some of the latest technologies in frontend development. We are focused on building the best solutions that allow our product vision, architectures and ideas to constantly improve. We are also always striving to optimize the processes that support our development. You will work on the entire technology stack, from our core systems and build environments right through to the Web Application front ends.
As a successful software engineer with Guidewire, you should have:
- A desire to work collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team
- A desire to maintain and promote a healthy codebase and ensuring high quality of products
- Willingness to mentor less experienced colleagues
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Great communication skills, comfort level to speak your mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
What we are looking for
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in developing responsive applications with a good architecture and UI.
- Experience in contributing to architecture, design, and implementation of products
- Skilled at writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Knowledge of best coding practices and documentation
- Academic background in Computer Science or equivalent
- An aptitude for continuous learning, taking initiative, and the exploration of new technologies.
- Open to share knowledge and encourage other junior members
As an ideal candidate, you will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Junior to Intermediate level
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.