Senior Linux Systems Administrator
- Department: Information Security and Compliance
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
We are seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to join our IT team based in our Dublin office.
The Senior Linux Systems Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, administering, monitoring, troubleshooting, automation, and configuration of Linux systems in our private datacenters as well as AWS cloud environment.
This individual will help in defining the best practices and methodologies for infrastructure setup, upgrade, automation and maintenance, while collaborating closely with peers.
- Design, implement, and evaluate current and future Linux infrastructure initiatives for the highest level of efficiency and performance
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on Linux systems
- Install and maintain OS patching requirements and configuration using tools like Satellite and Configuration Management tools like Ansible
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Participate in data center consolidation, and migration to the cloud (AWS)
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or information systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- 7+ years Linux systems administration experience specifically in managing or supporting RedHat and/or Centos Linux in production and Dev environments
- Scripting skills: Highly skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (shell/bash, Perl, python, ruby)
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Satellite etc.
- Experience designing and maintaining AWS-based systems
- Experience configuring Linux guests in a VMware ESXi environment
- Must be able to participate in periodic on-call rotation
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks and projects
- Ability to technically lead a project through the lifecycle and consult with the customer on business requirements
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment
- Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential
- Any Linux (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) or AWS certifications will be plus
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.