Management Accountant EMEA (Maternity Cover)
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
Title: Management Accountant EMEA (Maternity Cover)
Reporting to: Financial Controller EMEA
Led by our CFO, Curtis Smith, Guidewire's Finance and Accounting team is very influential and advises our leadership team on a broad set of topics. The Finance team's structure includes all the typical functions (Revenue Assurance, Financial Planning & Analysis, SEC Reporting, Treasury, Strategy, Accounts Payable etc.), so there is a tremendous opportunity for growth. Many of our team leads started as individual contributors and have gone on to be promoted or specialise in new areas of accounting.
The EMEA Accounting function works closely with the local Accounts Payable and Payroll teams to manage the operations and financial accounting for 10 legal entities and 2 branch offices. This includes delivering management accounts, annual financial statements, statutory filings and working closely with our external auditors. Recognising the strategic importance of this function, Guidewire invested in Oracle Fusion ERP system to enhance other technologies including Coupa, Concur and Financial Force and to improve efficiencies and enable the EMEA Accounting team to continue to deliver best-in-class results.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
The role of the Management Accountant is to:
- Own the postings and reconciliations for all the group’s 14 European bank accounts,
- Provide flexible support to enable the EMEA Accounting Team to function as required,
- Own the accounting for the Austrian entity, and
- Provide executive level reports for the European Leadership Team.
This means acting as an invaluable contributor who keeps our business moving forward by owning certain daily, month end, annual and ad hoc processes, whilst also improving systems and processes.
More specifically our Management Accountant will:
- Own Cash Management for EMEA.
- Liaise with colleagues across the business to post all ad hoc transactions to the correct accounts.
- Reconcile all banks across EMEA Region (currently 14 accounts) and liaise with EMEA Accounts Payable and Payroll teams for unreconciled entries.
- Prepare EMEA cash balances reporting weekly and monthly.
- Monitor the individual bank balances each day.
- Pre-check all supplier payments across EMEA before they are sent to the relevant approver to authorise.
- Reconcile certain Balance Sheet accounts for multiple entities, working to strict monthly reporting deadlines.
- Own the accounting for the Austrian entity.
- Process journal and inter-company entries as required, including modified payroll and Global Mobility tax accruals.
- Calculate and post the monthly re-allocation of certain central departmental costs.
- Support the EMEA Accounting Team with annual statutory audits, compliance reporting and ad-hoc requests.
- Monthly roll forward of Balance Sheet account reconciliation Excel files held on SharePoint.
- Month end reporting to strict HQ deadlines.
- Provide monthly reports for senior EMEA management and external accountants.
- Own the Polish per diem process.
- Close collaboration with the rest of the EMEA Accounting Team to ensure EMEA wide knowledge, support & cover is provided.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a part-qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with several years of relevant experience.
- Have proven management accounting experience, including having played a central role in cash management in an international organisation.
- Have experience of working in a group with multiple entities, currencies, locations and languages.
- Possess an experience of accounting and reporting under US GAAP.
- Be willing to work in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
- Be fluent in written & spoken English, additional language skills would be an advantage
- Have experience of multiple ERP systems, Oracle Fusion would be a distinct advantage.
- Maintain significant attention to detail.
- Be IT literate with proven advanced Excel skills.
- Be meticulously detailed and accurate, with demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong integrity, communication and relationship skills.
- Have proven resilience, being able to prioritise and manage time to meet tight deadlines.
- A previous experience of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliant processes and controls would be an advantage.
- Be a motivated, self-starting team player
- Be committed to high standards of compliance, deadlines and results.
- Be a motivated self-starter, prepared to take ownership, use their own initiative and take responsibility for their work and results.
- Have the ability to use their own initiative to design, implement & improve processes.
- Be confident in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Be open to a flexible working approach to ensure maximum efficiency and collaboration across time zones.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.