Back Office Applications Architect - Foster City, CA
- Department: Operations
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Position: Back Office Applications Architect
Reports: Sr Manager, Information Systems
Location: Foster City, CA
Primary Function of this Position:
As a member of the Information Systems Application team, the Back Office Applications Architect will understand as-is processes, identifying gaps, gathering requirements, process re-engineering. It is essential to be well versed with latest tools and solutions available to solve business problems. Back Office Applications Architect should have extensive experience Cloud systems like - Oracle Fusion (Financials, Order Management, Revenue management), Coupa, Concur.
- Participate and be key member of discovery for any new project
- Own the current architecture and evaluate new applications
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision
- Excellent analysis, communication & problem-solving skills
- Illustrate key concepts through process descriptions, workflows and other visual diagrams
- Facilitate workshops, capture and analyze requirements and decompose high-level information into details
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architect to establish strategy / vision and analyze business tradeoffs
- Ability to follow an agile or iterative software development methodology
- Conduct fit gap analysis and develop proposed solutions
- Work with cross-functional IT groups on resource requirements and estimates
- Ensure all necessary parties are communicated to in a prompt and efficient manner
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience using Oracle Fusion Financials, Order Management and Revenue Management
- Understanding of Revenue ASC 606
- Experience working with Cloud systems Coupa, Concur, Box, ServiceNow
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them
- 10+ years of leading platform implementations in enterprise solutions.
- A minimum of two large scale core financials implementations is required at a medium sized software and services companies.
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty insurance industry. We have pursued one mission from our founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We currently have 158 customers and over 100 are in live production. We are expanding our business in order to assist our customers in transforming their businesses and to ensure that each one is successful in this journey. Our investments range from expanding our professional consulting services to providing new instant-on cloud based applications.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.