Director of BizTech, G&A Applications - San Mateo, Ca
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Director of BizTech, G&A Applications
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
Our Business Technology team is looking for a General & Administrative (G&A) Applications Director who will lead our business alliance partnership, combining technology and processes, to providing functional and automated solutions. The role would include understanding as-is processes, identifying gaps, gathering requirements, process re-engineering, and program management. This position will report to the VP of Business Technology Applications.
The successful candidate will bring core experience of working with Finance teams on ERP, Revenue Management, and Budgeting/Forecasting processes. You will be responsible for the effective design and implementation of Quote to Cash business system tools and processes, which comply with SOX general controls requirements, including user access and change management. Your experience will also include support of broader G&A cross-functional processes. As a lead on our team, you will serve as the main player-coach for multi-disciplinary project teams and build strong partnerships with the customer.
We are looking for a flexible individual with G&A enterprise application (Oracle, NetSuite, Concur, Coupa, SpringCM, Intacct, Box, ServiceNow, SharePoint) experience, who can quickly derive essential business needs and translate it to development priorities.
G&A Technology Experience and Leadership:
- Lead the development of a vision and strategic roadmap for G&A applications
- Provide stewardship on operating within financial regulations and maintaining compliance on all financial applications and related data
- Excellent analysis, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Develop and document requirements, workflows, and other required artifacts to enable teams
- Present concepts clearly and justify solution decisions
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members
- Lead and drive key G&A applications architecting activities, meetings, and communications through the project lifecycle
- Multi-task and perform well under pressure in a constantly changing environment with key stakeholders and teams
- Build close relationships with key stakeholders and ensure project teams understand the roles, responsibilities, and vision of the project
This role engages enterprise application development teams to create working components that are functional, scalable, aesthetic, and accessible. The candidate serves as an evangelist for G&A technologies, providing education, thought leadership for cross-functional business processes, and an expert steward/reviewer for development team members of the Guidewire Business Technology organization.
As a G&A Applications Director, you will:
- Have 10+ years of requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them.
- Have 10+ years of leading G&A platform implementations (Oracle, SpringCM, NetSuite, Box, Concur, Coupa, ServiceNow, Intacct, SharePoint)
- Have Experience with the selection and implementation of core financial systems (AP, GL, FA, AR).
- Does not need to be an accountant but working-level knowledge of revenue recognition is a plus (think ASC 606).
- A minimum of two large scale implementations is required at a medium-sized software and services company.
- 5+ years of project management experience which must include large scale program management
- Expert knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall Software Development methodologies
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Act as a liaison & a trusted partner with the business groups and the IT team to facilitate an effective and seamless communication channel
- Lead complex projects and distributed project teams as the prime owner for their success and delivery
- Create and manage all project management resources, including project plan, issues log, status updates, SharePoint sites. Assist and lead resource planning.
- Coordinate internal resources and external parties as required through meeting planning and assignment of tasks
- Facilitate project meetings including core team meetings and steering committee meetings
- Capable of monitoring and understanding program budgets and negotiating vendor agreements
- Act as core liaison with external parties to facilitate an effective and seamless communication channel
- Ability to interact cross-functionally with both executive management and end-users.
- Ensure prompt and efficient communications to all necessary parties
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.