Senior/Software Engineer - Cloud- Mississauga, Canada
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Mississauga, Canada
- Country: Canada
Senior / Software Engineer – Build Tools and Infrastructure
Guidewire provides market-leading software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We build the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to create their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable ROI. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS- certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
Build Tools and Infrastructure team focuses on solving CI/CD needs of developers under Cloud Common Services. It follows DevOps delivery model and is chartered to improve the velocity of development teams to deliver stable, secure, scalable solutions with a fast feedback cycle. It also includes common services that are leveraged by products throughout the product lifecycle.
In this role, you will be responsible to design, develop and manage our cloud-based tools and infrastructure for CI/CD.
- Design, develop and support CI/CD and Build tools on Kubernetes based Microservices platform in AWS, focusing on Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD practices
- Understand and educate teams on CI/CD pipeline best practices
- Reduce friction, time taken and produce quality metrics for application teams
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of our products and systems
- Work in an agile team, pair programming and support deliverables
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, up-time and response times of the platform
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team and collaborate with other teams
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- 4+ years of work experience in a SaaS environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experience in building and managing Build/CI software such as Jenkins/Teamcity/CircleCI/Concourse/Drone
- Experience in building software using Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud native technologies
- Strong experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfort with Linux system administration, bash scripting and ability to program using Go, Python, Java or equivalent
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about quality, mentoring junior candidates and in general a great team player
Intermediate to Senior
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.