Instructional or Curriculum Designer, Intern - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Use learning theory and MS Office 360 tools to create experiential educational experiences. The goal is to create exceptional training opportunities, enabling learners to gain new information or improve their existing skills. This internship involves working with user experience research and design team members to:
- Assess learning needs and styles of targeted users
- Refine learning objectives
- Create/polish/test workshop and online course content
- Support delivery of workshops or training modules
- Evaluate curriculum effectiveness
Value for the Intern:
- Opportunities to create a variety of knowledge materials, online training, and reference documents in a corporate setting, centered around user experience design and design thinking.
- Learn key aspects of developing learning materials for a wide range of audiences in a software company.
- Acquire specific skills that are needed to achieve professional goals and aspirations
- Hands-on work experience in a corporate environment
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborating with user research and design team members to:
- Identify knowledge needs for target audiences
- Create content that matches instructional goals
- Review instructional graphics, the user interface, final copy, and the finished product
- Create experiential learning moments that enhance the learning process
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the workshop or course effectiveness
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Completion of at least 2 years of Instructional or Curriculum Design-related graduate or undergraduate program before the start of the internship OR a recent graduate OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully performing the main duties of the position.
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Sharepoint
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organizational skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with authoring tools to create computer-based training and online materials. For example: Articulate Studio, Adobe Captivate
- Experience with visual design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Previous experience with lesson and curriculum planning
- Experience working in corporate or consulting environments
PLEASE NOTE: Qualifying candidates must have the legal right to work in the United States. We do not sponsor employment visas nor offer international travel assistance for intern positions.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.