Cloud Operations Engineer - Toronto
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Country: Canada
Guidewire is seeking an experienced Cloud Operations Engineer to support the design, implementation, and on-going maintenance of our Production Cloud Solutions. Your job will be to help ensure that our customer applications, services and websites are available, performing well and are highly automated. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background managing Cloud Applications.
- Monitor and Support customer CI/CD environment ensuring that the infrastructure is available and running
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve any issues that impact the customer ability to successfully execute CI/CD functions
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope definition, specifications, and architecture of Deployment Tools & Processes for AWS Cloud
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards around DevOps and Service Resilience
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong foundation with incident, problem and change management. ITIL knowledge and experience is required.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience using CI/CD tools (git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, AWS Code Pipeline, Nexus, Artifactory, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- 2 years of experience with modern automation, DevOps, and Agile development
- Networking fundamentals including VPNs, DNS, subnetting, route tables, firewalls, etc
- Understanding of AWS security and monitoring and experience implementing best practices
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Grafana, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Site24x7, Sumologic, Nagios
- Experience with configuration management (Chef or Ansible)
- Experience administering infrastructure for traditional monolithic web-based business applications
- Highly proficient in Linux administration
- Experience with coding / scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.