Senior Principal/Principal Product Manager, Mid-Market Commercial Lines Underwriting Cloud Solution
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
We are looking for a proven product management leader to join our world-class leadership team as Senior Principal/Principal Product Manager, Mid-Market Commercial Lines Underwriting Cloud Solution. Reporting directly to Director of Digital Policy Cloud Solutions, you will work with policy and underwriting domain experts, other product managers and user experience designers to deliver a mid-market commercial lines underwriting cloud solution that delight our customers while providing the basis for Guidewire’s continued financial success and business growth in the years to come.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-oriented leader that is responsible for driving the entire solution definition and delivery lifecycle from ideation through successful adoption by Guidewire customers. As a highly respected and influential member of the policy and underwriting solutions leadership team, you will be a transformational change agent with a strong customer focus that can guide and inspire the team to define our new digital commercial lines underwriting cloud solution that will deliver measurable results for customers.
This position will be located at Guidewire corporate headquarters in Foster City, California.
• Build next generation mid-market commercial lines underwriting cloud solution on the Guidewire platform
• Evangelize adoption of new underwriting cloud solution by Guidewire customers
• Drive top-line revenue growth from new underwriting cloud solution sales
• Own the overarching mid-market commercial lines underwriting cloud solution vision, strategy and execution plan to deliver a solution that will provide measurable results for our customers.
• Be accountable for business, financial, and operations planning processes required to ensure the new mid-market commercial lines underwriting cloud solution meet expectations for in-market performance and top line revenue growth.
• Drive development of a cohesive, multi-year mid-market commercial lines underwriting cloud solution strategy based on market needs as well as input from subject matter experts both within and outside of Guidewire.
• Lead market analysis, insight development, and market prioritization activities to fully inform mid-market commercial lines underwriting cloud solution requirements definition and opportunity validation.
• Champion customer-centered, market-driven thinking throughout the commercial lines policy and underwriting management solution team to ensure proposed solution is fully aligned with business needs.
• Develop a deep, customer-informed perspective and understanding of key market drivers, business challenges and new technology needs across the P&C industry.
• Collaborate with other members of the policy and underwriting leadership team to define comprehensive programs for transitioning existing Guidewire customers to the cloud.
• Help evolve and optimize Guidewire’s agile development lifecycle as required to enable rapid inception, definition, and continuous improvement of innovative new cloud commercial lines underwriting solution.
• Act as a key contributor and highly influential member of the product development leadership team that commands attention and drives alignment across a range of opinions, alternatives and competing interests.
• Evangelize Guidewire’s mid-market commercial lines underwriting cloud solution strategy and vision to both internal and external stakeholders, including the Guidewire management team, industry analysts, customers and prospects, as well as SIs and solution partners.
• Partner with a globally distributed team of product managers, business analysts, domain experts and other key contributors responsible for next generation cloud policy and commercial lines underwriting solution in P&C.
Required Skills & Experience
• 8+ years of increasingly responsible product management leadership experience in planning, launching, and oversight of highly configurable enterprise software products and solutions.
• 5+ years of experience in managing definition and market delivery of cloud-based and cloud-native business applications.
• Very strong business acumen and ability to plan, execute, and achieve revenue targets across the solution portfolio.
• Highly technical individual who is familiar with the latest cloud and other modern technologies but also has the intellectual curiosity to explore the market potential of new technology innovations.
• Deep understanding of product management operational metrics and KPIs to provide visibility and accountability across the solution development lifecycle.
• Keen understanding and appreciation for the business value of user-centered experience design and of design-oriented thinking overall.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives.
• Highly structured and well-organized individual with ability to successfully manage product management activities across multiple, concurrently running solution domains.
• Ability to balance a desire for enabling new software innovations with the need to fulfill business needs and customer expectations.
• Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring and creating an environment where the best talent wants to be.
• BA/BS in quantitative field such as Math, Computer Science or Economics. MBA preferred.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.