Senior Director - Premier Customer Support
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
We are seeking an experienced leader who has built and managed a customer response team with responsibilities including Customer Success, Technical Support, and Cloud/DevOps for cloud-based applications, in a customer environment with strict Service Level Agreements and high expectations for customer service.
You will partner with our leaders in Customer Support, Cloud Ops, and Strategy to build a cross-functional team that utilizes our existing and industry best practices to create Guidewire’s Premier Support Organization. You will lead strategic program development and oversee operational execution. You will provide systems to ensure high levels of service and be ready to roll up your sleeves beside the team when it’s all hands on deck. You will speak directly with customers as an escalation point, and at times during the sales process.
A critical success factor will be applying experience and strategy to achieve scale in distributing problem-solving knowledge across the Guidewire organization and guiding the team as they drive product and process improvements that improve the reliability and maintainability of customer deployments.
• We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
• Build relationships with Premier Customers and ensure our policies and processes are in line with customer expectations
• Set vision and plan for the Premier Customer Support organization that reinforces Guidewire’s strategic direction and drives economies of scale in service delivery.
• Set goals that are seen a differentiator by our customers
• Build systems and processes that will drive an exceptional support experience for our premier customers, and build a sense of pride and loyalty in the team
• Establish an environment that promotes excellence, communications, teamwork, sense of urgency and efficiency
• Effectively set and manage organizational KPI’s
• Identify transformative opportunities in the areas of organizational design, business policy, processes, and procedures that will result in improved customer experience, new market opportunities, operational efficiencies and cost savings
• Maintain communication with leadership throughout the organization to advise on evolving strategies, changing processes and standards, and ongoing performance of the Premier Customer Support and related teams.
• Establish professional development goals and paths that allow associates to grow into leaders and experts that can expand and transfer knowledge across the organization
• 5+ years leading a global customer support organization supporting a customer base of enterprise software products
• Passionate, collaborative, results oriented leader capable of inspiring a team and driving needed change
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to understand the details and relate it to the bigger picture
• Availability to travel to work with and grow a globally-distributed organization and peer management team (approx. 25%)
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.