UX Designer, Intern - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Join Guidewire design! UX @ Guidewire
Love solving sticky problems? Excited about crafting innovative solutions for global software? Interested in working on products that touch everyone’s lives? Come work with us! We’re a close-knit and multidisciplinary UX team working to make cloud software that is at the forefront of the property and casualty insurance industry. From manipulating big data to the latest opportunities in cyber risk, we design solutions that help insurance consumers have a seamless and delightful experience interacting with their insurance company. The space is complex, challenging, and a lot of fun!
We are a team of User Experience practitioners committed to inclusion and diversity in skills and talent, as diverse as the global clients we serve. Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who will support and challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. We believe in a design thinking approach and view UX as a team sport relying on close collaboration with our all our business partners. We are part of the larger product development organization and, as designers, we recognize the imperative to understand the business domain within which we work as we often interact with business users at global insurance carriers.
Things we love as Guidewire Designers
- Thinking strategically and delving into the details of both the experience and technology
- Analyzing diverse inputs and finding patterns in complexity
- Designing useful, usable, and valuable omnichannel experiences
- Executing innovative, and scalable solutions based on our Design System, Jutro
- Achieving awesome results in the enterprise software market through well designed and engaging experiences
What you get…
You will be involved in fast paced and challenging design projects for insurance software which supports global insurance carriers throughout the world. (With high visibility both internally and externally to customers) Your work environment will be creative, dynamic and your design work will have reach and impact on a scale to some of the world’s largest insurers and their users.
- As an Intern, you will be working directly with members of the design team and other stakeholders.
- You will have the opportunity to learn our design system and to uncover business requirements to design enterprise solutions.
- You will work with our global team on specific enterprise design challenges.
- Participate in conversations with a diverse group of stakeholders and provide a productive, enjoyable, collaborative experience.
- Is familiar with design thinking, lean and agile approaches to creating software, and brings a commitment to learn and improve
- You have good writing and presentation skills .
- You have an interest in complex data and data visualization a plus.
How we work:
- We build on each other’s ideas. We are committed to creating synergy and allowing for ‘ah-ha’ moments.
- Open and honest. We’re a healthy workgroup that respectfully debates at times and are committed to figuring it out. #keepItPositiveAndProductive.
- We like learning and are curious. There’s power in knowing what you don’t know and then filling in the knowledge gaps. Whether that be design or domain-related—The sky’s the limit!
- Confidence with humility. We value your thoughts and insights and recognize there are a lot of smart people we work with on our teams.
- Coachable and teachable. A growth mindset is critical to the best performing teams. Our commitment to every designer is to provide learning opportunities that both match and stretch their skills.
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of flexible core systems that enable property/casualty insurers to deliver insurance the way they want to. Guidewire builds high quality software that consistently works as promised. Designed for maximum flexibility and scalability, Guidewire solutions give carriers the capability to deliver excellent service to policyholders and agents and increase market share – while lowering operating costs. The Guidewire Insurance Suite™, consisting of Guidewire PolicyCenter®, Guidewire BillingCenter®, and Guidewire ClaimCenter®, spans the entire insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualifying candidates must have the legal right to work in the United States. We do not sponsor employment visas nor offer international travel assistance for intern positions.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.