DevSecOps Engineer Intern - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a summer intern to join the Business Technology team as a Financial and Employee Experience Intern.
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
- Pursuing final year or completed BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or Software Engineering
- Basic AWS knowledge
- Scripting language experience like Python/Go. Or React JS framework
- Zest to learn and ramp up on new technologies
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
What to expect:
- Candidates will work on active DevSecOps on-going projects and not made up intern projects.
- Work as part of scrum team in a 2 week sprint model
- They will have chance to collaborate and work with DevSecOps engineers as part of their team, so this will be like a real-time work opportunity for them.
- Slack integration, slack Apps and slack streamlining
- Tools provisioning and automation using AWS framework
- Other ad-hoc tasks related to our DevSecOps team’s needs
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.