Senior Compensation Analyst
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
We are currently seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst in San Mateo, CA to join our Corporate Compensation & Benefits Team at Guidewire Software. On a global level, implements and administers compensation plans, programs, policies and processes.
Looking for an energetic and detail oriented senior analyst to join our fast-paced growing team. This role will be working on leading compensation programs, educating and training managers and employees on their compensation offerings, making compensation recommendations and finding more effective ways to simplify and streamline processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs activities to implement and administer compensation and equity plans, policies and programs (e.g. annual focal review process, annual compensation range review, participation in salary surveys, auditing of compensation data, etc.).
- Audits jobs for content and qualifies job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary and benefits information to determine company's competitive position.
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments (e.g. merit/promotional increases, market adjustments) for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
- Reviews and makes global salary range increase recommendations by country/region.
- Plans for salary budgeting during the focal merit cycle.
- Works with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and managers on compensation related inquiries.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive job family structure, allowing for a strong career path for employees across all organizations and regions.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent.
- 5 - 8 years of experience administering compensation and equity based programs, policies and processes globally.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability is required.
- High attention to detail required
- Strong project management ability and experience is required.
- Advanced level user Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Workday experience helpful.
- Certified Compensation Professional helpful.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.