Software Engineer – Krakow Development Center, Poland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Krakow, Poland
- Country: Poland
We are looking for a proactive and result-oriented Software Engineer to join our product development team and work on building high-quality software and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day. You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products as we are serving more than 350 companies in 32 countries.
Our software supports significant data volumes and heavy server load. Our platform includes a cluster-safe persistence layer, inter-application messaging architecture, an MVC Web layer, and a lot more.
You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. Teamwork is very important to us so we are looking for engineers who are open to share their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality and work together to solve complex problems.
You will attend training from day one, learning about our solutions and the business side, as every day can be different, from development to deployment, quarterly planning, and daily standups.
- Learn about a business or technical problem, distill the right set of requirements and think creatively about a solution
- Find the right tool for the job, then build reliable and flexible solutions
- Focus on code quality and constantly work to improve our Agile processes
- You will have a variety of responsibilities and a chance to influence the way the team works
What we are looking for:
- Experience building n-tier web applications using Java-based technologies such as Java EE, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with facets of enterprise software systems development, including relational database systems (JDBC, ORM, data modeling and design), software architecture, system integration (messaging, web services, SOA), web UI
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure) is nice to have
- Skilled at writing unit tests and testable components
- Clear written communication and documentation skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Strong software product development and delivery experience
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Are making an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that are mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call so we can share extra info on the role and answer to your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry-standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.