Software Engineer, Salesforce Integration – Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Do you love learning new technologies? Do you want to be part of a new team that is focused on the fast-growing space of web development? Do you want to help define and build new solutions that enhance world-class enterprise software using agile software development techniques? If so, Guidewire has an opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced Salesforce Software Engineer for our Digital Team in Dublin, Ireland.
Being part of the Guidewire Digital team you will be working on some of the latest technologies in frontend and backend development. We are focused on building the best solutions that allow our product vision, architectures and ideas to constantly improve. We are also always striving to optimize the processes that support our development. The successful candidate will work on the entire technology stack, from our core systems right through to the Digital Application front ends.
Guidewire Digital Products
Guidewire Digital products provide real-time, self-service transactional insurance experiences for policyholders, agents and brokers, customer service representatives and service vendors – from anywhere and on any device. Guidewire Digital integrates seamlessly with Guidewire core systems and are tailored to the needs of each end user to facilitate navigation, streamline business processes and promote customer satisfaction. Insurers around the globe use Guidewire Digital Products to manage their insurance lifecycles, lower operating costs and meet and exceed the digital expectations of today’s consumers.
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent, however prior experience with a number of the following is expected:
- Several years of experience developing in the Salesforce platform.
- Develop high quality, scalable, customized solutions within the Salesforce platform.
- Salesforce UI design and development with Lightning components.
- Design, develop and maintain Salesforce integration to core systems using REST / SOA / ESB technologies.
- Experience in developing and leading the Salesforce competence within a team.
- Experience in building n-tier Java based web applications.
- Enterprise software product development, integration and delivery.
- Knowledge in design patterns and best coding practices.
We have a work environment that encourages individual initiative, experiments with new ideas for continuous improvement, and lets great people do great work by minimizing the hassles of hierarchy and bureaucracy. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a team environment, communicating effectively with your colleagues.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Salesforce UI development and in particular Lightning components.
- Experience in enterprise system integration (ESB, messaging, web services, SOA).
- Experience in Data Synchronisation between Salesforce and external systems.
- Experience in creating/publishing Managed Packages.
- Knowledge of the Salesforce App Security Review and Registration Process.
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks is a plus.
- Clear written communication and documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Established in 2011, Guidewire’s Irish centre helps meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products. The Dublin-based European Development Centre, Guidewire’s third global development team, was established to extend our core applications to accelerate the delivery of critical new product functionality to our customers. The team builds both global capabilities and content for specific countries and locales. We use the same rigorous, quality-focused methodology that Guidewire’s customers have come to expect from the rest of the core system suite. Our Digital team was established in 2013 to build new products from the ground up that seamlessly expand our core systems solution footprint.
- Every individual has the opportunity to make an impact on the business and processes.
- In the words of Marcus Ryu, one of our original founders:
“In starting Guidewire, our primary motivation was to build a better company. We wanted Guidewire to be different from other places we had worked: more honest, more dedicated to customers, more committed to quality. We would always tell the truth, hire the most capable people we could find, and foster a collaborative, high-performing work environment. And we would meet a fundamental market need.”
- The mission then translates into core values that we live by daily: We value integrityin everything we do; an atmosphere of collegiality – we help each other to ensure customer success and operate as a meritocracy; and rationality – making decisions based on factual evidence.
- Work with an enterprise enterprise-class software product company with skilled teams solving complex problems in an Agile environment. Insurance core systems must be capable of supporting thousands of concurrent users, millions of transactions, and integration to complex enterprise IT environments. Moreover, they must have the complete reliability and performance required of financial systems-of-record.
- We work with the latest web technologies, ensuring that our solution continues to evolve and provides the best outcome for our customers.
- At Guidewire we invest in and grow our own talent from within. We send our developers for intense training and certification in their first month.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.