Senior Manager - Enterprise/Information Architect, Business Technology - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
The Guidewire Business Technology team is seeking an Enterprise/Information management Architect (EA) to join the enterprise architecture team supporting the enterprise architecture practice with a primary focus on leading the information and bi/analytics/data management platform architecture.
The EA is responsible for formulating a holistic enterprise architecture blueprint by coalescing the architectures of solutions spanning across multiple business domains like CRM, Finance, HR, Marketing, etc. The EA works with other solution architects across Business Technology to formulate a cross-functional enterprise architectural view and bridge the gap across domains to ensure that the defined solution architecture is cohesive and integrated end-to-end. The EA is also responsible for ensuring that the defined solution architectures adheres with the defined Enterprise Architecture principles, guidelines and domain roadmaps. The EA will partner with various stakeholders to understand the business strategies and capabilities that will be required in the future and translate those and develop multi-year target state architectures and implementation roadmaps.
The EA is also responsible for defining and maintaining a robust and scalable information management platform architecture supporting the enterprise BI/Analytics/Reporting needs. The EA is responsible for ensuring that the enterprise information management architecture supports multiple data types while balancing the need for access against security and performance requirements. The position also requires an understanding of emerging regulatory issues surrounding information assets (such as consumer privacy laws, data retention policies, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines. This also includes the development or use of process models, creation or use of information or target data models, interface designs, and development of internal and external checks and controls to ensure proper governance, security and quality of information assets.
The EA while directly managing data integration architect(s) will operate and collaborate with other architects in a federated and matrixed organization model.
To be successful at this position, you must be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping a good sense of humor. You must possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to collaborate effectively with other team members. You will also be asked to contribute ideas and provide feedback on many aspects within the team’s project portfolio that may be outside your domain of expertise.
- Lead development of multi-year target state architecture strategies and implementation roadmaps for various business domains across the enterprise
- Evolve and maintain the information management platform architecture that comprises of Tableau, Informatica, Snowflake and AWS platform.
- Oversee the enterprise integration platform architecture that comprises of the MuleSoft Anypoint and API management platform
- Participate in developing the long-term strategic direction of the Business Technology enterprise architecture practice
- Liaise with management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization to accomplish enterprise architecture goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain architecture artifacts, frameworks and patterns as references for various teams across IT
- Participate in the creation of EA guiding principles to guide EA decision making
- Provide architecture leadership and oversight for large transformational enterprise impacting initiatives to ensure that solutions development aligns with the defines architecture strategies and roadmaps
- Promote architecture efforts that create greater architectural consistency and technology sharing across Business Technology and contribute to the overall Guidewire’s enterprise technology strategy for realization of goals such as reuse, infrastructure simplification, cost management and flexibility
- Participate in the architecture community of practice, IT technology talks, and external events
- Lead and/or participate in the enterprise architecture governance (EARB, technology sourcing, data governance councils) and compliance processes to ensure all areas of IT are implementing solutions consistent with the target architecture
- Lead analysis of the current Business Technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improving Business Technology’s value proposition to the business partners
- Build strong cross-organizational relationships effectively influencing staff across the IT organization and broader enterprise.
- Develop the architecture community and mentor architects in the development of their skills.
- Lead the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the enterprise architecture
- Remain current with emerging best practices, technologies, and processes, and in alignment with peers; evaluate and recommend improvements to the Senior IT Leadership Team.
- Coach team members to progress career goals and develop personal qualities
- Present and communicate complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years progressively responsible experience in information technology, including substantial senior level technical experience in Enterprise Architecture - Business, Data, Application and Infrastructure domains
- Demonstrated experience leading implementation and support for packaged applications (Oracle Fusion Financials, Salesforce, Workday, Coupa, Concur, etc.) at a complex global enterprise.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with
- Enterprise, application and information architecture
- Technology road mapping
- Applications technology strategy
- Demonstrated success in participating in the development and implementation of a robust, scalable architecture that encompasses technology solutions enabling business capabilities in CRM, Back Office, Data Integration and BI/Analytics domains
- Experience in defining Information management platform leveraging Tableau, Snowflake, Informatica, Redshift and/or similar technologies is a must
- Working Experience and knowledge of the Mulesoft Platform including the API manager is a plus
- Experience in a broad range of industries, especially in high-tech industry
- Experience in defining enterprise architecture, mapping existing systems to it, and identifying and evaluating options to close gaps
- Experience with defining enterprise architecture best practices and guidelines and participating in EA governance processes
- Ability to enable decision making by collaborating with key stakeholders and the extended IT team to deliver results, and to resolve conflicts expediently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed workforce
- Demonstrated experience setting and managing to goal driven metrics
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Willingness to learn and master unfamiliar technologies and/or concepts
- Excellent verbal and written technical documentation skills
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.