People Business Partner - Mississauga
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: Mississauga, Canada
- Country: Canada
Guidewire is looking for a People Business Partner to join our growing People Team. This role will continue to evolve and change as the company grows and the People team changes along with it to meet the business needs.
At Guidewire we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a dynamic and changing environment, who can have fun while getting a lot of great work done. If this sounds like a good fit for you, come join us.
What People Say About You
As a people & culture ambassador, you are an advisor and partner to all the teams based in Canada, specifically, Toronto. You are passionate about building relationships and becoming a part of the teams you partner with. You are meticulous and detail oriented and get excited about the projects you work on to impact the culture and engagement at Guidewire. You are a team player who is willing to roll up your sleeves and get into the thick of it to get things done.
What You Will Be Doing
Your focus will be on site engagement and culture, organizational compliance, change management, employee relations, and helping to maintain a safe and inclusive work environment.
- Partnering with remote business leaders to create high performing organizations with a focus on employee engagement, community relations, communication and team effectiveness.
- Partner closely with local management, centers of expertise, and functional HRBP on organization change/workforce planning initiatives and drive local/site implementation.
- Coach and support managers and employees on various topics related to the employee life cycle.
- Help drive processes and procedures to maintain a safe and inclusive work environment (business continuity, incident management)
- Supports the local teams and leaders on People program delivery as needed; partner with Global People Business Partners and the various teams within the People to ensure seamless and coordinated efforts across the organization.
- Partner with our central teams to accelerate adoption of People solutions at a local level to drive transformational change, build leadership capability and drive engagement
- Champion of site engagement by partnering with site leaders on culture activity, diversity & inclusion initiatives and solutions to enhance the employee experience
- Together with the Global People Partners, support business reorganizations and restructures
- Take point on identifying any gaps in local employment policies and practices and actively work across the People function to resolve
What You Bring To The Table
- Proven experience in a People (HR) Business Partnering role supporting various organizations on site including Product Development and Customer Operations
- Atleast 5 years HRBP experience and supporting a site
- Demonstrated ability to coach and advise people managers and team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to influence others, think strategically, and initiate improvements
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices pertaining to human resources
- Strong planning skills to develop project plans aligned to the business objectives
- Positive and energetic personality with a passion for client support
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- SAAS is preferred
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.