Senior Software Engineer, Front End - Krakow, Poland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Krakow, Poland
- Country: Poland
Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Guidewire's development team is seeking for a proactive and results-oriented Software Engineer to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
Our solution not only includes carefully polished React components, with full support for capabilities like internationalization, accessibility, and themability, but also visual tools for building and testing modern web apps using these. One of the most exciting challenges is making it possible to build the apps on top of the platform's components in a codeless manner. We also do ship our efforts to other teams using private npm registries and work closely with them to make the adoption smooth. Private AWS environments are being used for making the efforts visible to others, using Storybook as a library tool. We're staying on top of the bleeding edge front-end technologies by continuously adopting the latest technologies and features.
- Work with your Scrum team to understand the requirements and the problems you need to solve
- Find the right tools, get involved in the design sessions and build a reliable solution
- Focus on code quality and do code reviews and provide feedback
- Provide technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentor and support less experienced engineers
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in developing responsive applications with good architecture and UI.
- Experience in contributing to architecture, design, and implementation of products
- Skilled at writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Knowledge of best coding practices and documentation
- Academic background in Computer Science or equivalent
- Contribution to open-source development projects
- A self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision
What happens when I apply?
First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call so we can share extra info on the role and answer to your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry-standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.