BI Product Manager, Business Technology - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire Business Technology Enterprise Data, Integration (EI), Business Intelligence (BI) Product Manager
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer centric.
Our Business Technology team is looking for a Product Manager, who will lead our partnership with Guidewire’s Business teams and be responsible for defining and managing the product delivery enterprise data, integration and/or business intelligence requirements to connect our business to the data they need.
As a high functioning individual contributor capable of planning roadmaps and driving execution of all deliverables, you will work closely with a highly skilled technical team and collaborate with multiple business partners throughout Guidewire to ensure the solutions requested supports the requirements you help to define. You will be responsible for defining and prioritizing technical requirements and acceptance criteria, facilitating communication between the technical team and the business stakeholders, demoing solutions, communicating team status, announcing releases, facilitating requirement modeling sessions, educating stakeholders of the development process, and negotiating priorities, scope, funding, and schedules.
You should be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping a good sense of humor. You must possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to collaborate effectively with other team members. You will also be asked to contribute ideas and provide feedback on many aspects within the team’s project portfolio that may be outside your domain of expertise.
- Primary interface for the scrum team, highly and actively engaged to ensure development decisions stay aligned with business needs and the product vision
- Collaborate with the product owners throughout the business to align product backlog and dependencies
- Research, clarify and document business requirements and/or business rules with business stakeholders to ensure alignment and to set proper expectations
- Gather input used in creating and managing a product roadmap and backlog for Data/EI/BI – defining and prioritizing requests, mapping them to release increments within an overall product roadmap and release plan for the products assigned
- Distill user stories into granular functional requirements that are comprehensively and concisely documented for the development team
- Provide and communicate analysis and requirement artifacts as required in supporting the development team. Includes data flow mapping, diagrams, use cases, process flows, context diagrams and story maps
- Ensure that user story-level activity and execution is swift and timely within the development team
- Establish clear release plans, and own acceptance criteria in measuring the completion of capabilities called for in user stories
- Maintain and communicate a release-level burndown chart, drawing from completion of individual user stories within the product backlog and overall component roadmap
- Participate in change management activities like UAT, training, communications, online help, business readiness etc.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and process; Work closely with the scrum teams throughout the development process.
- Has hands on experience in several mid-size, global implementations leveraging tools like Mulesoft, Informatica, Tableau, Qlik, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product manager for a mid-to-large sized organization, or direct consulting expertise leading sales & marketing, support and services transformation projects
- Proven ability of managing shared horizontal services that often require managing multiple timelines and integrated release schedules
- Experience developing LOE’s in conjunction with sales, services, support and other business use cases/stories
- Deep familiarity with BI/Analytics/Data warehouse concepts and designs
- Deep familiarity with SOA, API, ETL concepts and designs
- Ability to communicate technical details regarding application integration, ETL, data visualization and BI concepts and frameworks
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik etc. and enterprise integration tools like MuleSoft, Informatica, etc.
- Familiarity and exposure to enterprise solutions like Salesforce, Workday, Oracle Financials, Coupa, Concur, etc.
- Excellent documentation skills in authoring product requirements and use cases for software development
- Excellent teamwork skill
- Highly professional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding troubleshooting capability for ferreting out issues and driving resolution
- Proven ability to take the lead in assigned responsibilities with light supervision
- Working knowledge of LucidChart, Confluence, SharePoint and Jira
- Demonstrated ability to plan roadmaps and execute effectively against them
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.