Manager, Helpdesk/Desktop – Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
EMEA Manager, Helpdesk/Desktop
We are looking for a highly motivated Manager, Helpdesk/Desktop for the EMEA region who is flexible, can juggle conflicting priorities, yet remain calm and responsive to the needs of our customers. The ideal incumbent will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be comfortable managing people and providers as well as being hands-on as necessary. The candidate should be ready to take on any task (mixing strategic and operational as required) and lead by example when it comes to employee experience with a keen eye on quality.
This role will play a vital part as we scale and grow our EMEA operations and the successful person will partner closely with local and global leaders, as well as the extended global Business Technology Team.
- Display strong leadership to ensure multiple parties contribute to and support the effective diagnosis and resolution of any problems or incidents. Including communication to the business and customer user.
- Manage a team of level I-II help desk technicians
- Tenacity to ensure any problems or incidents are thoroughly investigated and satisfactory resolutions are reached.
- Having a positive attitude, always willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
- Contributing to the process development and documentation of operating procedures for Helpdesk.
- Drive and develop strategies for continuous improvement of IT service offerings.
- Develop reporting of KPIs and trends to the IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Oversee vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs.
- Control and monitor customer owned inventory at vendor warehouse and Guidewire office locations and maintain purchase requisitions.
- Evaluate feedback to improve services, tools, and support experience.
- Champion the Business Technology team in EMEA as we scale and grow.
- Solid people leadership skills, with the ability to motivate the team and drive engagement and performance
- Possess technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Proven strategic, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven experience in IT Helpdesk planning and development.
- Passion for quality – Client service-driven and a keen eye for detail
- Extremely organized and flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Effective delegation of tasks, responsibilities, and authorities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to all stakeholders and staff members
- Ability and willingness to effectively mentor others.
- Strong IT Helpdesk support experience in a corporate environment showing increasing levels of responsibility is required
- Minimum 3 years in supervisory or management role overseeing an IT Helpdesk team
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Mac systems
- Asset Management and IT Purchasing
- O365 Suite
- AV and videoconferencing support
- Experience with in-room video conferencing equipment and systems
- Previous experience with managing projects is nice to have
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.