Graduate Developer (Cloud Delivery Strategy)
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Junior SurePath Configuration and Integration Developer
Cloud Delivery Strategy (CDS) and Guidewire SurePath
Guidewire Cloud Standards are proven principles and practices that enable a successful Guidewire Cloud™ implementation journey. Our standards ensure quality, predictability, and security for Guidewire Cloud projects, through solutions, tools, and automation. CDS defines and develops global standards for how we deliver in Guidewire Cloud by document implementation requirements, specifications, and guidelines necessary to deploy in Guidewire Cloud.
Guidewire SurePath is our guided implementation approach, add-on software and tooling that enables customers and their partners to get the most out of their investment in the Guidewire platform. SurePath enables customers to achieve their strategic objectives through faster, predictable delivery of our cloud solutions.
Guidewire’s Product Development and Cloud Delivery Strategy teams identify and evaluate core product gaps to provide delivery guidance as part of our commitment to drive standardization. The SurePath Content team builds features or integrations that have not yet been productized to meet Guidewire Cloud customer implementation requirements. We also utilize SurePath Content to pilot and incubate new features ahead of a core product release in order deliver additional features and functionality to meet customer requirements.
Description of Work
As a Junior SurePath Developer you will be delivering add on functionality and configurations, following Guidewire best practices for our Guidewire Cloud applications. You will work in the Dublin office within the SurePath Content pod, alongside highly experienced and competent senior developers and architects.
1. Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting and become certified by spending your first two months in training to become a subject matter expert.
2. Collaborate with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements.
3. Build SurePath Content software add-ons
1. Strong English oral and written communication skills
2. BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
3. Understanding of programming languages and grounding in Java, C# or C++
Desired Skills, Experience and motivation:
1. Agile software techniques working with product owners, including scoping and defining requirements as epics and user stories and provide development estimates using story points
3. Some familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
4. Awareness of Object Oriented Design principles
5. Awareness of Web services (e.g. REST, etc.), Cloud Services (e.g. AWS)
Guidewire delivers the software that Property/Casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change. We combine three elements – core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement – into a technology platform that enhances insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. More than 200 P/C insurers around the world have selected Guidewire. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
© 2017 Guidewire Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Guidewire, Guidewire Software, Guidewire ClaimCenter, Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire BillingCenter,
Guidewire InsuranceSuite, Guidewire Live, Adapt and succeed, and the Guidewire logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Guidewire Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countrie s. XX-XX-XX-YYYYMMDD
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.