Solutions Developer – Demo Team, Tokyo Japan
- Department: Sales
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Country: Japan
Solutions Developer - Demo Team
The Demonstration Solutions team is a Global team, responsible for delivering creative, solution-focused demonstration implementations to the Sales organization for presentation to prospects.
We are currently expanding our international team to dedicate more time and effort to support our sales efforts in specific regions.
The Solutions Developer – Demonstration team position involves working directly with members of the Sales team to configure complex solution demonstrations, assisting in localizing product to target market and participating in technical prospect discussions when necessary.
This position will also be responsible for developing and managing region specific features and will serve as a feedback loop to the team located at company headquarters.
(In short, develop exciting features for Japan on top of the out of box product that the sales team can use to demonstrate to prospects and also help us improving the products)
Although this is not a customer facing role it may include direct participation in sales opportunities and proofs-of-concept: designing, developing, and configuring creative and innovative solutions to prospects’ requirements.
The candidate filling this position will be based out of the Guidewire Tokyo office.
In addition we are looking for teammates who:
- Demonstrate ability to understand business process needs, rationalize those needs into technical solutions and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software
- Quickly, easily, and enthusiastically learn how to use new technology
- Are self-driven with a high level of creativity
- Capable of handling a wide variety of tasks - product configuration one minute, database management the next, articulating business solutions the next…
- Have strong oral and written communication skills (English and Japanese required)
The ideal teammate has at least 3+ years of software development experience and are highly technical with experience in following areas:
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Java EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, JMS, MQ, SOAP, REST)
- Web presentation and control layer technology (JSF, Struts, AJAX)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, LDAP)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Cloud computing fundamentals, Docker, Kuberbetes, AWS
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion,Git, Jenkins, Teamcity)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium)
Key Sales Support activities include:
- Design and develop new features for the Japan Demo release
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Responding to technical issues raised by prospects
- Partnering with client business and technical teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Partnering with the Guidewire Functional Sales Consultant for application configuration for detailed product demonstrations. (e.g: data model extensions, page configurations and rules creation).
- Installing solutions at client sites and leading or supporting user test drive sessions
- Leading or supporting on site POCs as required
Some travel will be required for this position.
Guidewire Japan provides a supportive work life balance with work from home days and flexible hours.
Who are we?
Guidewire is a leading provider of core systems that span the insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire delivers the software that property and casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in their journey.
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2019. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.