Lead Software Engineer, Cyber Risk Analytics - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Analytics and Data Services
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Lead Software Engineer
Cyence Risk Analytics products help the property & casualty (P&C) industry to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence Risk Analytics provides insights that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, and develop new products. To learn more about Cyence Risk Analytics, please visit www.cyence.net.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of innovative solutions to difficult problems
- Oversee delivery of projects and features involving a variety of technologies and ensure alignment with business objectives
- Innovate and optimize engineering processes and standards and drive adoption
- Build Cloud-based infrastructure to automate and scale data processing tasks
- Direct the analysis and resolution of problems associated with day-to-day operation of Cloud and big data infrastructure
- Actively participate in a fast-paced team-based Agile environment including daily standups and sprint planning meetings
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong technical credentials with 6+ years in software development; experience building enterprise Cloud, web and/or data-centric services and products preferred
- Ability to represent operational and technical issues to senior leadership and dive deep into the technical details when required
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate in a cross-functional environment, including driving resolution of technical issues across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of databases and SQL, including tuning and schema design
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and Cloud security
- Experience with AWS tech stack, serverless and microservice architectures and frameworks
- Solid understanding of CI and DevOps
- Experience with Data ETL, Statistical models and machine Learning
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 380 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.