Senior Operations Program Manager - Foster City, CA
- Department: Operations
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Our mission at Guidewire Software is to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We execute against this mission every day, meeting the complex and pressing needs of our customers by providing a technology platform which enhances insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
We’re looking for an Operations Program Sr. Manager (individual contributor role) within the Operations organization to support Guidewire’s day-to-day operations and specified areas of program and project management. This team member will work within the Office of the COO to act as the “glue” to orchestrating the various moving pieces in our Cloud transformation as well as other matters of operations.
The successful candidate for this role will have management consulting skills combined with strong business acumen in enterprise software operating models, with a working knowledge of software/services concept-to-delivery, and a passion for program and project management.
You’ll get to work with a variety of functional departments in the company at all levels (C-level to individual contributors) and truly be part of a team to drive the forward momentum at the Company.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Successfully navigate managing up and managing down in a highly-matrixed organization
- Build and manage prioritization, planning, and report-out process on an agreed-upon cadence
- Assertively lead where necessary but be able to roll up his/her sleeves and dive into the minutiae and details
- Provide regular project updates/dashboards to executive stakeholders and project team members
- Drive, align and work effectively with cross-functional teams across various disciplines (business, product, technology, corporate development, etc.), who may have competing priorities
- Facilitate cross-functional special initiative planning and prioritization meetings to drive to common goals and outcomes
- Proactively identify and escalate issues and obstacles to successful project implementation
- Develop and deliver internal/external communication plans regarding status updates and change management
- Work products include but are not limited to: executive and operational dashboards, project plans, risk logs, project briefs, process plans, project status presentations, etc.
- BA/BS with 9+ years relevant project/program management experience
- Management consulting experience preferred – we want people who are agile and can adapt with changing scope/requirements as necessary
- Strong business acumen around how matrixed, global organizations work
- Working knowledge of technical stack, ideally with SaaS background
- Strong conceptual thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to ask probing questions to drive the conversation and thinking forward
- Self-starter who is comfortable wading in various degrees of ambiguity
- Able to handle the minutia and details of project management (including documentation, note taking, risk logging, screensharing, etc.), while keeping the big picture in mind
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience working with interdisciplinary teams to launch a program or project
- A keen interest in innovative technology and the Insurtech/insurance industry (but previous experience not necessary)
- Excellent MS Office suite skills (primarily Excel and PowerPoint), and working knowledge of project management tools such as SmartSheet. Knowledge of other work planning tools such as Jira or Workfront a plus
- Finally, a “can do” attitude that nothing is too big or too small to take on
This role will be based in the Foster City headquarters with minimal (<10%) travel required.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.