Technical Engineering Manager - Krakow, Poland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Krakow, Poland
- Country: Poland
Technical Engineering Manager - Kraków, Poland
Do you enjoy working with highly-skilled, self-motivated colleagues? Do you also have a passion for helping customers be successful? Do you view management as more of a collaborative effort than a dictatorship? If so, Guidewire has an opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced, thoughtful, and highly-skilled manager to help lead and develop the engineering team for our Kraków Development Centre.
At Guidewire, we believe that it is crucial to focus on quality from inception, set realistic release dates, and build functionalities that our customers truly need. As a result, our products are recognized as the best in the industry and are a huge part of our success in the market.
What’s special about working at Guidewire?
Our customers are insurance companies. Believe it or not, insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and a lot of fun to work on. Talk to people here and you’ll immediately sense their enthusiasm. Walk around our development space and you see engineers working collaboratively to solve challenging problems. Guidewire knows what makes a happy life for employees: meaningful work, quality products, sound business strategy, ultra-competent colleagues, and freedom to innovate and create. We write software the way we’ve always wanted to write it. We are proud of what we build and how we work together. We want smart, motivated people to join us in building the future for our customers and ourselves. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/.
What will I be doing?
As a key member of the Kraków development team, you will:
- Attract, retain, develop, and motivate top-notch engineering talent.
- Lead development of extensions and configuration to address a wide range of market needs.
- Ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of product solutions.
- Empower self-directed engineers, and offer guidance and coaching as needed.
- Understand, reinforce and improve upon established development process as we mature and grow organisationally.
- Ensure effective collaboration and communication within the team and with peers and stakeholders across the organization.
- Remove obstacles for your team, and use your network within the company to help them find answers.
- Trust your team, and be trusted by your manager and colleagues to make good decisions.
- Provide regular performance feedback, and deal professionally with personnel issues as they arise.
We have a work environment that encourages individual initiative, experiments with new ideas for continuous improvement, and lets great people do great work by minimizing the hassles of hierarchy and bureaucracy. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a team environment.
What skills or experience do I need to have?
- Strong experience leading development teams
- A ceaseless desire to improve how things get done
- Strong critical thinking, oral and written communication skills
- A calm, rational demeanor under pressure. Having a sense of humor helps!
- Strong software development skills, including the ability to read and write code and a practical knowledge of Java, SQL, and scripting languages
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, especially Scrum, is helpful
Let’s make an impact.
At a time of rapid industry change, we're evolving to make sure we deliver the best systems and services for every customer. It's an exciting time to join us as we push ourselves, our business and the sector forward. There are lots to learn and you'll be given opportunities to grow with us and have a genuine impact, inspired by those around you.
Become the best you can be. Join us, apply now.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.