Revenue Intern - Foster City, CA
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a Summer Intern to join the Revenue team.
We at Guidewire pride ourselves on being the industry platform that over 350 P&C insurers worldwide rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerated change. Our team culture is highly collaborative, friendly, and driven to succeed. As Guidewire continues to grow in a rapidly changing industry, the Revenue team plays an integral role in ensuring timely and accurate revenue recognition for all deals with our customers. Through partnering with various internal cross-functional teams, the Revenue team efficiently manages the application of technical revenue accounting principles and their effect on day-to-day operations.
This role will provide key support to the various Revenue team members. We are looking for bright and enthusiastic students who are eager to learn and shape the future of our industry. If your quick learning sets you apart, you proactively strive for quality, and you love solving complex problems every day, you have the skill set we desire.
- Assisting in special projects such as:
- Systematizing the process for creating new Professional Services revenue contract objects in our source system, FinancialForce, based on Statements of Work and Change Orders (ASC 606)
- Improving routine processes by using the SmartView tool to create efficiencies for various month-end and quarter-end tasks
- Optimizing the invoice distribution process by partnering with the IS team to test new Oracle system functionalities to efficiently deliver invoices and supporting documents to customers in a timely manner
- Assist in monthly invoicing operations and inquiries for multiple revenue streams – Professional Services, Training, License and Maintenance
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure billing accuracy
- Assist in the month-end reporting cycle for ASC 606 and ASC 605
- Other ad-hoc requests related to Revenue team’s needs
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player at heart
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, strong focus on problem-solving, and driving projects to completion
- Actively working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or business with a desire for high achievement
What to expect:
- To deepen your understanding of revenue recognition and accounts receivables
- Exposure to core finance systems such as Oracle, FinancialForce, CPQ, LMS
- Develop proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Opportunities to collaborate with the broader finance organization and other cross-functional teams
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.