L2 Response Analyst - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Country: Malaysia
Job Title: L2 Response Analyst
Job Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees, and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
The applications we build are large and extraordinarily complex, and they have to work reliably. More importantly, they have to be able to be implemented in a strategic and timely manner, and of course in a way that keeps them flexible yet maintainable. The 2nd Level Initial Response team was created within the Guidewire Cloud Operations and Support organization to be the first responders of production issues and requests of our cloud-hosted applications. Incidents can come in from a variety of sources, customer intake systems or application monitoring tools for example. It is the mission of 2nd Level Response to develop and execute standard diagnostic processes that can keep a production system up and running consistently to customer satisfaction. So, we're looking for thoughtful, creative, and highly-skilled production support analysts who thrive on dynamic requests, who can quickly assess an issue and determine remediation or resolution steps, and support application teams on executing on those steps. We particularly value clear and logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well as part of a team.
Guidewire’s Initial Response Team provides primary response for all our cloud-hosted production customers. You will work as part of a team that will be responsible for the maintenance and ongoing improvement of customers’ mission-critical Guidewire systems. Response Analysts serve as first line of contact for troubleshooting, diagnosis, and escalation of customer issues and requests. They perform detailed analysis on customer issues to determine causes and appropriate solutions. Analysts will be expected to collaborate closely with various functional teams throughout the organization, routing issues to appropriate teams for further support.
Each Analyst is responsible for developing proficiency in several functional or technical areas of the products they support, along with competence in the remaining areas of these products. They are comfortable using and learning to use a variety of development and diagnostic tools to aid customers in resolving these issues and monitoring overall availability of systems. They must be comfortable communicating both in person and remotely with customers and team members located across the globe.
This role serves as the point person representing Guidewire Software to our customer. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise and customer facing skills, an ability to work and triage customer requests independently while also collaborating closely with various internal groups to get the issue to resolution.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- Ability to work in Kuala Lumpur full time. There is potential for occasional travel internationally, specifically to our other office locations for team building events.
- Gain proficiency in InsuranceSuite software and relevant diagnostic tools. Future responsibilities may include gaining knowledge of Guidewire’s other cloud-hosted offerings to support multiple base products.
- Contribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership
- A large aspect of the position involve commitment to customer SLA’s. While the Response Analyst will work during normal business hours, high priority work outside of established business hours may be necessary (i.e., to help with urgent customer issues). We are open to flexible work shifts outside of a standard 9AM-6PM working hours.
- Document and maintain all steps and processes for common support tasks and deployments
- Execute runbook procedures and recipes to triage cases for disposition (ex. Customer reports system slowness, customer reports missing data files, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (mandatory)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (mandatory)
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Ability to prioritize work effort based on a dynamic work environment
- Experience working with leading cloud platform Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of ESB integration software for connecting applications, data sources, and API’s such as Mulesoft or SSIS
- Basic understanding of data-warehousing (DW) and BI Design best practices and techniques
- Basic understanding of relational database theory and related project experience (i.e. data modeling, normalization, OLAP theory, etc.)
- Relevant work experience in a customer-facing support or services role within a technology-oriented company
- Preferred Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution
- Exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA , C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and within a team
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.