UX Architect - Foster City, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the world in P&C and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer centric.
Are you a strategic thinker who cares deeply about the details? Do you confidently facilitate group sessions and present to stakeholders? Do you enjoy analyzing diverse inputs and finding patterns in the complexity? Have a passion for simple, beautiful, effective visual design, along with a desire to execute efficient, standards-based, scalable solutions? Do you love working with others and enabling UX processes which support other UX folks as well as the larger organization to achieve awesome results in the enterprise market place through well designed customer experiences?
Our global UX team is looking for a Lead UX Architect to help us identify opportunities to increase ease of use and ‘wow’ our customers across all of Guidewire’s global enterprise applications. The successful candidate will have a portfolio which demonstrates the ability to drive processes which look across a wide range of products and the ability to build design models in order to drive consistency, desirability, and usefulness. As a lead on our team you will be empowered to do the best work of your career with challenging assignments that solve real-world problems and a steady focus on comprehensive leadership training and career growth!
We are looking for a flexible individual with enterprise web-based application design who is able to understand our business requirements, design and visualize interfaces for web-based products which span the globe. This dynamic individual will support a variety of project teams and business development initiatives in this role. The UX Architect will also be expected to envision the overall functionality of the enterprise product space.
This position collaborates with technical architects and designers to determine both the system and component design guidelines. This role also participates and engages with the engineers on the team to create working components that are aesthetic, functional, and accessible. The candidate serves as an evangelist for the design system, providing education, design thinking, and critique for other members of the UX organization
As a UX Architect, you will:
- Have 12-15 years of experience
- Proven ability to facilitate diverse groups of stakeholders and users in workshops and meetings, sometimes with minimal planning, and provide a productive, enjoyable, collaborative experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to "bring people together" on a project.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be a change agent in a medium - large, complex organization.
- Able to influence others and initiate processes which champion our end users to drive design.
- Experience championing and growing a user-centric culture, including usability and accessibility standards and practices.
- Experience defining questions for, and designing, user research studies, conducting research activities, evaluating results, and synthesizing clear, actionable insights.
- A passion for what others might call ‘blue sky’ solutions that can be brought to realization.
- Mastery of common information architecture and interaction design methods and artifacts, such as site maps, taxonomies, flow diagrams, mental models, content inventories, wireframes, etc.
- Familiarity with lean and agile approaches to creating software, and a desire to learn and improve.
- Experience with creating or working on pattern libraries, style guides, or design systems.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to create clear, simple references and guidelines for complex concepts.
- Ability to use popular software tools for UI design and prototyping, such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Have a thorough knowledge of competitive and cutting-edge application UIs on the web today
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Intermediate to Senior
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.