Help Desk Intern - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a summer intern to join the Business Technology team as a Global Help Desk Intern.
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
This role will provide key support to the Global Help Desk (GHD) team. Candidate will be involved in system configurations, supporting applications, computer setups, process documentation and other tasks based on departmental need and candidates’ skillset. We are looking for someone who is a proactive quick learner with both independent tendencies and interdependent awareness. This person will be a team-player, and love solving new challenges every day.
- Assist in working on Global Help Desk tickets and projects such as:
- Documenting current and new processes within the Global Help Desk and IT Teams
- Configuring Windows and Mac hardware for end-users.
- Assisting with new hire setups, hardware inventory, hardware disposal, inventory updates etc.
- Other ad-hoc tasks related to our Global Help Desk team’s needs
Your skills and experience:
- Pursuing final year or completed BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or MIS
- Experience with Windows 10 and/or OS X and MS Office applications
- Zest to learn and ramp up on new technologies
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player at heart
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
What to expect:
- Deepen understanding of ITIL processes and ticketing systems
- Exposure to imaging Windows and Mac hardware.
- Functional experience with ticketing systems and reporting.
- Develop proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Opportunities to collaborate and work closely with Engineers and Technicians as well as with the wider Business Technology team.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.