Senior General Ledger Accountant - San Mateo, CA
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
As Senior General Ledger Accountant, you will support the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and work closely with the Accounting Manager and other team members to create accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
Based out of Guidewire Software’s, San Mateo office, the ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, relationship building and collaboration, judgment, team work, and the ability to work with various partners to build and maintain strong working relationships with all of our international and domestic accounting team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform General Accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, create and upload journal entries, month-end close work and account reconciliations for various accounts.
- Responsible for the full cycle of Fixed Asset: CIP capitalization, asset retirement, and cost adjustments. Work with department managers and asset owners on the annual impairment test.
- Prepare CapEx schedules, depreciation and amortization schedules and perform expense reasonableness analysis
- Responsible for consolidated Fixed Asset account reconciliations. Prepare quarterly consolidated fixed asset roll forward schedules and present to senior management.
- Prepare and manage Guidewire’s monthly accruals, in partnership with the Financial Planning and Analysis team, AP team, and business partners to ensure proper month end cutoff and capturing of expenses.
- Perform financial statements analytics and provide relevant explanations for fluctuations.
- Assist in preparing quarterly review and annual audit schedules for SEC Reporting and external auditors.
- Assist in annual SOX compliance efforts such as financial reporting walkthroughs with the external auditors.
- Support business process improvements and initiatives.
- Supply information and provide support to other functions within the Guidewire organization.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years prior accounting experience in a multi-national publicly traded company.
- Experience using Oracle Fusion (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface cross functionally within the organization and outside vendors
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Experience working in a global accounting environment.
- Team-oriented & flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Business process improvement focus required to drive deployment of world class processes.
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly.
- A proactive nature to help embed process improvement and the ability to work closely with other functions are key attributes.
- CPA or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Technology sector or “Big 4” public accounting experience is preferred.
- International experience a plus.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.