Project Manager, Professional Services
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Country: Spain
We are looking for a Project Manager to join Guidewire in our growing Madrid office.
We are Guidewire Software, we are market leaders in insurance software, serving the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking). We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 200 customers in more than 20 countries, executing more than 300 Guidewire product implementations.
The centre in Madrid was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally. As a Project Manager you will be working on transformation projects involving Guidewire core applications, including managing an Agile (IT) team, multiple stakeholders, and collaborating with Customer business and technical staff. Depending on project delivery requirements, you may be managing up to 2 projects concurrently or working with a pod of developers managing their backlog and coordinating with internal stakeholders to plan and schedule the backlog of work.
- Spend most of your day working with Guidewire Software products.
- Manage the Project Lifecycle of multiple projects (up to 2) simultaneously from start to completion
- Lead meetings and coach the team to follow Guidewire methodology for the project
- Manage scope, time, budget, goals, scheduling and strategy of projects
- Communicate project status to management
- Utilize software such as, Rally, Jira, Sharepoint, Confluence & Microsoft Project Plan
- Manage Guidewire project team in an Agile environment, leading Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrums and Retrospectives.
- Maintain positive implementation experience for customer.
- Implementation partner management, tracking of financials and costs.
- Managing the status and Issue and risk processes on the project to keep executives up to date.
- Facilitate meetings, including identification of action items and follow up.
- Project Management experience; Must have project experience managing complex enterprise level project(s)
- Resource management experience
- Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners, and managing multi-functional projects including software package implementations and information architecture.
- Strong leadership skills
- Follows Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Six Sigma or other project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills within challenging situations.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations.
- Ability to function successfully within fast paced, complex projects.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources across multiple geographies.
- Technical knowledge of Java enterprise projects and assumes excellent usage level of Microsoft applications stack.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with effective decision making.
- PMP, Prince2 or Equivalent qualification
- Degree in related information technology or business background
Nice to have,
- P&C or other Insurance experience
- Vendor management experience is a plus.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Scrum Master Certification
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.