Cloud Network Operations Engineer - San Jose - CA or San Mateo, CA
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: San Jose, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is seeking experienced Cloud Network Operations Engineers to manage network changes, monitoring/alerting, incident response, and technical network review. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and demonstrate ability to manage production environments, ensuring that our cloud hosted applications and services are available, performing well.
- Plan, configure, implement and document solutions in a complex environment in support of new and existing cloud technology architectures
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24x7 production environment
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
Required Skills and Experience:
- Networking fundamentals including VPNs, DNS, subnetting, route tables, firewalls, etc
- Experience managing and integrating networking with Cloud Providers (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/Rackspace)
- Excellent customer facing communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Experience using CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Strong understanding of AWS networks and experience implementing best practices
- Strong experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Grafana, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Site24x7, Sumologic, Nagios
- Exhibit ability to manage infrastructure for traditional monolithic web-based business applications
- Experience with coding / scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Hands-on experience with AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, etc.)
- Proficient in Linux administration
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.