Test Engineer (Cloud Assurance & Production Services)
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Guidewire's Cloud Assurance team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented QA engineer, based in our Dublin office, to join a growing global team at the forefront of Guidewires move to the cloud.
What we do?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. We provide a Guidewire Cloud platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which provides our customers with the freedom to accelerate their business, and an ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 300 customers in more than 50 countries.
We are looking for an experienced QA/Testing Engineer that can help us build leverageable automation frameworks and roll up their sleeves to help us test our customer implementations quickly, efficiently, and accurately. You will work as part of a global Guidewire testing team that will own the design, development, and maintenance of an automated and manual testing frameworks. Furthermore, you will work closely with our customers and technical consultants to ensure code developed works as designed.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You'll work alongside and learn from intelligent colleagues on your team in Dublin and other offices. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are looking for a skilled and motivated testing engineer to help grow this.
Successful QA/ testing engineers at Guidewire typically are:
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focused on advocating for and creating good quality test cases that that follows industry standard best practice
- Able to take ownership of the hands-on development effort related to Manual and automated testing required for customer deployments
- Curious and have internal motivation to constantly improve
- Confident communicators, with the comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Proven ability to work on a QA project from requirement analysis to meeting deadlines and releasing high quality code directly to a production environment
- Experience working with internal development teams and customers to understand business objectives and functional requirements
- Extensive experience in designing and writing manual test scripts
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Ability to prioritize work effort based on a dynamic work environment
- Experience using a software defect tracking system, like JIRA
- Exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
· Competitive market Salary
· LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
· 26 annual leave days
· Healthcare, Insurance and Dental Benefits
· 2 weeks of paid Professional Development time per year
· 2 paid days volunteering and many more
Who are we?
Guidewire is a leading provider of core systems that span the insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire delivers the software that property and casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in their journey.
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2019. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.