Business Analyst, 80% Travel - Remote, US
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: US - Remote
- Country: United States of America
Business Analyst, Technical
Remote (any location)
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty insurance industry. We have pursued one mission from our founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation Insurance Platform — policy, claims, billing, digital, and data — to the global property-casualty industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core platform. We are expanding our delivery capabilities in order to assist our customers in transforming their businesses and to ensure that each one is successful in this journey. Our investments range from expanding our professional consulting services to providing new instant-on cloud based applications.
In order to achieve deliver on our goals and meet rising customer expectations to take on complete leadership and accountability of their strategic transformation programs, we are looking for experienced business analysts to join our teams to help drive our transformational requirements.
Technical business analysts define and document system integration requirements. They work closely with system subject matter experts (SMEs), drawing upon the SME's expertise as necessary. For technical requirements, a technical business analyst will be needed and responsible to coordinate all of the technical requirements related to the Guidewire products, customer source systems, and integrations. They map data between systems and document any gaps that may exist in the entities and/or structure. They are the first point of contact when technical requirements or gaps must be addressed and will propose a solution framework to accommodate those needs. The technical business analyst works closely with the integration developers, data architect, BI analyst, and ETL developers to ensure that all technical business requirements have been addressed and that content is properly incorporated both DataHub, InfoCenter, and integrations.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in agile implementation methodologies and enterprise scale implementations and be able to deliver projects that combined those qualities.
- Participate on cross functional teams and assist in architecting and designing technical solutions
- Participate in sprint planning and estimate assigned tasks
- Lead requirements gathering sessions
- Document workflow through diagrams (e.g. create process flow diagrams, integration diagrams, etc.)
- Own and update user stories
- Collaborate with other team members and third party vendors to document integration specifications and ensure they meet the technical design needs
- Map data between systems and the relevant transformation rules
- Develop test plans, validate integrations and data
- Triage defects by interpreting error messages and solving problems through independent analysis
Qualifications and Education Requirement
- BS or BA degree or relevant work experience
- 5-7 years of business analyst experience on technology implementations
- Experience working on enterprise technology implementations using agile methodologies
Ability to transform functional requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Experience working with relational data models
- Familiarity with SQL, web servies, and XML
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify when business requirements are not in scope
Team Development Skills
- Shows a track record of working effectively in cross functional teams
- Ability to deal with issues directly, firmly, and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.