- Department: Information Security and Compliance
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
We are seeking an experienced Network Administrator to join our IT team based in our Dublin office.
You will be also responsible for the day-to-day operations, administering, monitoring, troubleshooting, automation, and configuration of Guidewire Network.
You will manage and resolve service requests via ServiceNow ticketing system and work closely with internal teams (DevSecOps, Infrastructure, Networking, UC, and AV) and support other customers like Information Security and Product Development.
- Partner with stakeholders, improve and implement infrastructure.
- Perform required network and security updates to servers, services, and infrastructure.
- Support disaster recovery protocols, backup procedures.
- Provide hands on operational support for Firewalls, Routers, Switches and associated Security related devices.
- Investigate and resolve network and security incidents
This position should be able to perform the following activities:
- Ability to work as a team member and as an individual contributor
- Network tools operation and administration
- Knowledge in WAN/LAN Network Architecture and Operations including (Firewalls, Routers, Switches).
- Remediation of network security weaknesses, vulnerabilities;
- Response to security escalations such as requests for internal and/or external reports, events, and incidents (e.g. scanning, hacking, phishing);
- Escalation point for system administration and incident response.
- Able to manage expectations of client and internal project team
- Ability to represent/communicate technical requirements and trade-offs in a business environment to facilitate effective decision making
- Able to scope projects effectively
- Effectively communicate issues with project team, and provide solutions to issues
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of people;
- Comfortable with working with third party vendors;
- Effective writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise and high quality technical and business documents;
- A desire to work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team;
- A strong sense of accountability and self-motivation;
- An ability to think critically and an aptitude for problem solving;
- Working knowledge of Cisco routing and switching required
- Working knowledge of Firewalls required; Palo Alto Networks preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft networking environment
- Knowledge of network monitoring and management tools
- Ability to support operations environment with on call responsibility
- High level of integrity and professional maturity
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically (outside-the-box) and provide creative solutions
- Track record of teamwork and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in network engineering
- Cisco certification preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge with DMVPN
- Working knowledge with Palo Alto Network firewall.
- Working knowledge of DUO systems
- Good knowledge with Cisco switches
- Familiar with wireless networks
- Comfortable working with third parties and managed service providers
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.