Salesforce Developer Intern - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a Summer Intern to join the Business Technology team as Salesforce Developer Intern.
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
These two roles will enable Salesforce Analytics and Salesforce LeX transition working very closely with the Director of Salesforce Engineering, Solution Architect and the pod leader. We are looking for 2 individuals who are both proactive quick-learners with independent tendencies and interdependent awareness. They will be team-players, and love solving new challenges every day.
- Salesforce created the LightningExperience (LEX) to deliver more modern, improved user experiences, provide more flexible low- or no-code solutions for developing applications, and improve quality to ultimately deliver a more engaging experience overall. We believe this new UI technology on the Lightning Platform represents the future for Guidewire applications, and we are in the process of revising our products using the full scope of Lightning This role will work on enabling Lightning transition working on Lightning UI/pages and Lightning Components development / Using Community builder.
- Use Salesforce Analytics to deliver key reporting metrics
- Other ad-hoc tasks related to our Salesforce CRM team’s needs
Your skills and experience:
- Pursuing 3rd year of Bachelor's degree
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player at heart
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, strong focus on problem-solving, and driving projects to completion
- Strong debugging, java, and/or programming skills
- Proficiency in database and SQL
- Willingness to learn new technology and programming language
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies, programming language, and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What to expect:
- To deepen your analytical capabilities through the exploration of large data sets
- Exposure to core salesforce technologies (Lightning and Analytics)
- Opportunities to collaborate and work closely with Salesforce Developers and Solution Architects as well as with the wider Business Technology team.
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.