UX Manager - Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
UX Manager – Dublin, Ireland
While widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the P&C Insurance industry, Guidewire understands it will only maintain market leadership if we continuously design and deliver great products and services for our customers.
Because we believe exceptional design throughout our portfolio is essential to future success and differentiation, Guidewire is looking for a Senior Director of User Experience in our Dublin location.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of User Experience and Design you will lead a talented team of designers responsible for creating experiences that engage and empower users across the Property and Casualty Insurance lifecycle. You manage design and customer research activities for tow essential product lines as work closely with Guidewire product managers, domain experts, and engineers.
You will be passionate about design, be self-directed in the face of ambiguity, and capable of empowering teams to conceive, design, and deliver enterprise-grade design solutions for sometimes complex business challenges.
This position will be located at Guidewire’s Dublin office
- Create world-class user experiences for next generation Guidewire products & solutions
- Help foster a UX mindset and design-oriented culture at Guidewire
- Lead the user experience and research for our “Digital” product suite, and our localized content portfolio.
- Champion design thinking and foster a culture of design innovation, as well as raise awareness and promote the business value of great design.
- Empower team to design user-centered products and solutions that meet core business goals and are feasible.
- · Promote collaboration between Product, UX, and Engineering teams to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
- Hire, manage, mentor, and develop talented designers and researchers within your team.
- Participate in Dublin senior leadership to drive overall direction for Dublin as a strategic location, and the UX global leadership team to shape the future of UX.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- 5+ years as a senior manager of medium size UX design/research or multi-disciplinary creative teams.
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates a track record for solving difficult UX design problems and delivering simplified, intuitive experiences for customers.
- Experience building rapport, establishing mutual respect, and enabling close collaboration with Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Proven ability to design enterprise software applications, products, and tools with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices.
- Familiarity with all technical aspects of UX across web, desktop, and mobile platforms.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and senior executives
- Highly organized and effective project manager with ability to successfully manage design activities across multiple, concurrently running programs.
- Ability to balance a keen desire for innovation and driving high standards with the need to fulfill business needs and customer expectations.
- Bachelors or Master’s (preferred) degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
Guidewire delivers the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.